Help me find space for a bigger battery!!!

I absolutely HAVE to upgrade my cranking/accessory battery but just don't have the space with the current configuration in my back compartment. I've got a 2015 Nitro Z9 and if someone with the same layout Z9 who has a group 31 and 2 powerpole pumps could show me pics of where they have everything, it might help me figure out where I can put this thing.

As it sits now, I have a Group 24 that just can't do the job but my port Power Pole pump is preventing me from putting anything bigger in there. I have to move that pump somewhere, but none of the other places were there is free space enough to stick it, there is nothing stable to mount it to. This is driving me crazy. I know plenty of people have the same boat with a Group 31 with 2 pumps back there, but I just need some help seeing how to Jenga all my parts to make everything fit.
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live bow
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live console
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade

2. Member
    Flip through the pics of this boat.....they show the rear compartment and have a pic of were all the batteries are and the Power Pole pumps....looks like a good install job. Granted you will be dealing with an oil tank....so that will take some additional consideration.

http://www.proschoicemarine.com/2015...309&in-stock=1

Man, that's a nice looking rig. But what a cluster in the bilge. A lot of stuff going on there..
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

On my old Z9s, U can fit 2 batteries and both pumps on the board. starting battery on the driver side and another tm batt on the passenger side. Depends where they mount your charger too.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Flip through the pics of this boat.....they show the rear compartment and have a pic of were all the batteries are and the Power Pole pumps....looks like a good install job. Granted you will be dealing with an oil tank....so that will take some additional consideration.

http://www.proschoicemarine.com/2015...309&in-stock=1
    That boat already sold....holy cow!!!

6. Member
    I just went ahead a pulled the trigger and ordered an Odyssey 31-PC2150S. Once it gets here I'll just take everything out and then just start putting it back where I can fit it. I've got to have the battery upgrade I've had battery issues 2 tournaments in a row and have been having to use a booster pack late in the day. I've had that Group 24 tested twice and the battery is fine.....it just isn't battery enough to run my boat. Got offshore tourneys coming up and gotta have those electronics strong all day. I'll find a way to make everything fit.
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live bow
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live console
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade

7. Member
    Did your boat come with a 24? I don't think they make a 24 that meets the requirements for your motor
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS