Yellowing of silver flake gel

I store my boat outside . There is one spot that the sun seems to get because the cover is open there to vent . The gel there is turning yellow . It's a 2011 ranger . I waxed it seemed to help but is still noticeable. Is it permanent or can it come off ? Thanks

If the gel is changing you can prolly sand and buff it out and keep it covered. If the flake is turning....you can't fix that. Really need a pic to tell.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    It was. Rough to touch in the area also . After waxing it is smoother and less yellow

4. Member
    If you want to get it back to silver you are going to need to Buff it out. I had a section on my ranger and the solution was to get out the buffer polisher with 3M Restorer and Wax. There are other products that work too but it will need to take off the oxidation.
    1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now

5. Member
    I used some gel restorer by hand seemed to all but go away now it seems to be back would using a buffer get rid of it completely?

With no pics and or seeing it it's hard to give advice....if you do not remove "all" oxidation it will continue to come back. Without experience it may be difficult for you to determine how deep to go....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    With no pics and or seeing it it's hard to give advice....if you do not remove "all" oxidation it will continue to come back. Without experience it may be difficult for you to determine how deep to go....
    ill try and get some pics this weekend thanks