80 pound minn Kota 24 volt won't move need help

I hit the trolling motor pretty hard today and when doing so now the foot pedal will not move the trolling motor at all. It's stiff an won't move. I can move it from the bottom end but can not get it to move with the foot pedal. Any ideas any help if not I need a new one asap or can be used just can't afford to buy a brand new one as i am going through a divorce.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Bent shaft or damaged gear or cable. Certainly repairable.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Dang, brother, it sucks to be you. A divorce is tough on a man, but losing a trolling motor in fishing season is just piling on. When you move the motor end with your hand, does the pedal move accordingly? You're in desperate need of John Jones' advice and a good lawyer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpkin23 View Post
    I hit the trolling motor pretty hard today and when doing so now the foot pedal will not move the trolling motor at all. It's stiff an won't move. I can move it from the bottom end but can not get it to move with the foot pedal. Any ideas any help if not I need a new one asap or can be used just can't afford to buy a brand new one as i am going through a divorce.
    More than likely the outer shaft is bent. Thant is the larger shaft around the main shaft. It has caused misalignment between the upper and lower bearings, hence the hard steering. Depending on which length shaft it will run you between $30 and $35 for the parts plus the labor.

5. Member
    Yea when I move the motor end the pedal will move in correspondence but can't move the pedal by foot. I'm pretty sure the shaft is messed up like you said. I just wanna get it fixed so I can at least fish some more.

6. Member
    If anyone knows anyone in or around somerset Kentucky that can do it please let me know. Thank you all

7. Member
    It will be an upper shaft bent. Not a hard replacement if you can turn screwdrivers and use a heat gun for heat shrink. I can get parts for you. Will need to know what lenght shaft yours has. Call me if I can help.
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Thank you buy actually found a guy local here that was able to knock it out today an gave him a hand so I know exactly what to do next time. It was an easy fix an was back on the water this evening an caught a few. Thank you though to everyone

9. Member
    Shakespeare said a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but in this case, not. Now you can help yourself, and maybe even somebody else. I hope your personal life turns around for the best, whatever the best turns out to be.