Banned

Needing new deck lid shocks.. 2000 TR21DC...

Where is the best place to get new lid shocks.. mine have started to fade...not holding up the lids.. and the mounting bracket on the lid closet to the consoles actually broke in half? ...

2000 TR21DC Triton..

I took mine off and went to an autoparts store. They had to order them, but I got them the next day. Take the mounting bracket and the shock with you.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

3. Member
    You can get them off Ebay pretty cheap. I ordered all mine from there.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

4. Member
    Ebay is the place. Unbelievable prices and good products.

Where can you get them without the ball end? My rod locker on my Ranger needs to have one replaced and it's one of the old ones with a tab that has a hole in it, not a cup.
    0G886873 Mercury Serial Number
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera III with 200 Merc

Quote Originally Posted by webertime View Post
    Where can you get them without the ball end? My rod locker on my Ranger needs to have one replaced and it's one of the old ones with a tab that has a hole in it, not a cup.
    I found mine for my 88 Ranger on McMaster Carr.
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

Here's a thought.. I always carry a small 3 ton bottle jack in truck for a trailer jack. it lays on side under front seat for many years. Day came I was using it to R&R 4 camper wheels, to take to town for new tires. Got back to put on. when switched to another spot to jack it stayed up , and wouldn't go back down.. Good Ol Jerry T had the answer ti fix it. Turn up side down and Bang it hard a few times on a block of wood. that fixed it, and he said laying it on side what caused it. So now its behind the 2nd seat store up right lolo. Now I wonder since the shocks are used mostly on rear Hatches on cars, suv's etc are vertical.. If using as deck lids , mostly laying on side causes your issues?? just a thought.. I don't use them in my Boat, as lids hang at a angle when up just from hinges and design back then.

I had hell finding replacement shocks. I got from Cabelas but yet to find one for tackle storage on front deck. Tr 21

9. Member
    I just received mine from eBay great price and they came in pairs of 2 ! I got the numbers off the old shock and brand (identity think suspa)and Googled it and bam there it was but check out more than one seller because there are better deals out there mine were like 20.00 for two no shipping
    Last edited by hwsmith619; 05-28-2017 at 02:16 PM.

10. Member

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    You might be overlooking the obvious, I bought the shock, bracket and screws from Ranger for 11-12 bucks, shipping can't be that much either, call them 800-724-7273 with HIN.......

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerbobber View Post
    You might be overlooking the obvious, I bought the shock, bracket and screws from Ranger for 11-12 bucks, shipping can't be that much either, call them 800-724-7273 with HIN.......
    Since Triton is still in business that is the best place to start. If they are anything like Ranger all you need is your vin# and they can help you with just about anything on the boat.