Thread: Raised seats

Raised seats

I was reading another post and it brought me to this one....a question.

Has anyone built anything into their seat deck to raise their seats? I was thinking something like 3" or 4" higher would be great. If you have pictures that would be great but even just how you did it and were the results worth it would be great.

I have considered doing this for years and just have not done it. I was picturing adding some under seat storage if I did it was well. I always pictured doing it with an aluminum C channel giving me the 3" rise and top and bottom flanges to mount it to the deck and then mount the seats to.

2. Member
    I've also considered this, but made out marine plywood covered in carpet.
    I'd have to make it store my net, pole brush for cleaning weeds off intake screen and maybe small drawer for holding truck keys and phone.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

3. Member
    Also was thinking how to reinforce the back of the seat as there will be little support after raising it. Maybe L-Brackets and then make fiberglass or plywood curved cover like Falcon does??
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

4. Member
    The fuel tank is under the seat base in a 206, so you won't get far trying to make storage under there. You might get some shallow, wet storage. It wouldn't be hard to raise the seats on aluminum but would require recarpeting the seat base. And the seat backs would stick up higher over the back deck.

5. Member
    Buy a Nitro. You'll look like Jim Carey with all the bugs in your teeth.
    Champion 206
    250XB