Boat Wreck on Norman

Looks like a bass boat fishing the Monday Nighter on Norman last night collided with a pleasure boat. 1 killed in the pleasure boat.
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

2. Banned
    Any idea on who was involved? I know just about everyone of them guys.

That's terrible.....prayers for all involved.

4. Member
    Bobby Derrick was injured i know that. His partner was Dave Snyder
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

5. Member

6. Banned
    Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers for all the families and friends.

Happening way to much!

8. Member
    Bobby was hurt worse. Dave is out of the hospital. Sounds like Bobby may be shortly. He has a damaged eye socket and will need multiple surgeries from the posts I am seeing in the Carolina Elite Series on Facebook. They were both in the Monday night tournament in that group. Sounds like a pleasure boater was out there with no lights on. Don't know why. Maybe sneaking home from a bar. Maybe just dumb. At any rate, they collided. The pleasure boat has 2 people on it. A man and woman. The woman was not ejected and seems to be fine. The man was ejected and divers pulled a body out of Blythe yesterday but have not confirmed identity yet.

That's all I know for now.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

9. Member
    Very sad, prayers to all involved

I was in a similar wreck on Norman years ago...6 kids paddled one of their uncle's Larson bow-rider out in McCreary Creek to float and drink beer, no keys, no lights, only two life jackets. We hit them broadside 3' from the stern and went completely through the boat in my buddies ranger. God was smiling down on everyone, all the kids but one were sitting in the bow. The one was in the captains seat and only suffered a minor back injury, cuts and scratches. We were fine except for a crank bait buried in my leg and he hit the steering wheel pretty hard. The ranger was a total loss along with lots of rods and tackle.

It happened in a split second and neither of us ever saw the boat against the shore houses and lights
    Last edited by SteveDyer; 05-18-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

for all involved

's sent to all involved

The last time I fished at night was about 20 years ago. Just on plane and just missed a group of kids in the middle of the lake on a float tube. Put it on the trailer and the end
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended