Thread: Eyra or Lynx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    do we have storage length needed on Lynx with a Atlas Hyd jack plate and G2?

2. Member
    Why would the length of ownership make a difference? Quality of components? I would not think Bass Cat would change those, just wondering.

3. Member
    Probably cost & resellability.

4. Member
    id say they are guessing the Wide body 20 foot 8 in boat will have more market. But im not sure I understand that either for the short term would be the same id think.

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredjovan View Post
    Why would the length of ownership make a difference? Quality of components? I would not think Bass Cat would change those, just wondering.
    Nothing to do with components, probably more to do with cost. The Lynx could easily be in the low 80's loaded up with poles, electronics, etc. The Eyra several 1000's less, thus easier to resell.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Nothing to do with components, probably more to do with cost. The Lynx could easily be in the low 80's loaded up with poles, electronics, etc. The Eyra several 1000's less, thus easier to resell.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Time of possession would be what answered our question. If you intend to keep the rig 10 years then the Lynx. If your looking at keeping it 2-3 years an Eyra would be fine. Remorse on any decision prevents a positive experience in ownership and these two aspects will keep you happier through your ownership.

The Lynx and Eyra are far apart in their achieved tasks and satisfaction is what makes the decision for us on thus question. No one as owned a Lynx and only one person has much time in it. If your keeping the rig four or five years, or more, we would definitely go Lynx.

Do you mind explaining why for a longer term buy you would choose the Lynx vs the Eyra? Why would one be a better long term ownership Vs the other? I'm sure or I assume they are both built equally well and that the only reason one would choose one over the other is the specific needs/ preferences of the owner?

The answers are based on Maximum owners satisfaction.

9. Member
    Say what???......

People want to find a difference in the product, and we want to find customers satisfaction in any purchase. The poster asked why, and it was answered. Now we have a "Say what???......"

The satisfaction is from what we experience in decisions like these concerning the products. If your keeping the Eyra long term then it's further down the design road and no doubt aging since introduction, thus the users product will be tail end of design phase and the longer he keeps that one the more he wishes he was in a fresher style. If he is not keeping the product long term then he is satisfied with the price difference between the products and he saved a few bucks that become invested in a fresher design sooner.

Having dealt with these decisions among dozens or hundreds of new boat buyers, and hearing those opinions pre and post purchase, we find this to be a factor in the satisfaction in either models purchase.

Thus the answer!

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    People want to find a difference in the product, and we want to find customers satisfaction in any purchase. The poster asked why, and it was answered. Now we have a "Say what???......"

The satisfaction is from what we experience in decisions like these concerning the products. If your keeping the Eyra long term then it's further down the design road and no doubt aging since introduction, thus the users product will be tail end of design phase and the longer he keeps that one the more he wishes he was in a fresher style. If he is not keeping the product long term then he is satisfied with the price difference between the products and he saved a few bucks that become invested in a fresher design sooner.

Having dealt with these decisions among dozens or hundreds of new boat buyers, and hearing those opinions pre and post purchase, we find this to be a factor in the satisfaction in either models purchase.

Thus the answer!

BCB
    That's a very different answer than I expected but very thoughtful and looking into the future. Can I assume then, that "Bridge Boats" as BCB once termed the Eyra are not part of the Bass Cat's future plans ?

That is a part of the future plans, though one that is not open for discussion as they have other plans in process.

13. Member
    Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

14. Member
    never thought of it that way but makes total since

15. Member
    if i bought a basscat im buying for long term period.

16. Member
    I was kinda on the "Say what" thinking also. Thanks for a perfect explanation to the Say what question!
    It makes sense.
    Of course I am a fan of the Eyra, though it may be in need of an update, it is in my opinion the sexiest boat in the line up.
    Once you have owned one, everything else seems to fall short in one way or another.
    I am sure the smaller front deck may be an issue to some anglers, but for me, the large front deck of many of the new boats are overkill.

Keep the EYRA!! LOL!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Member
    agree, absolutely LOVE my Eyra! I think it looks modern, and agree with Cajunhunter, in my opinion its the sexiest looking Cat on the market.

Those coffin lids are the best part of the boat too! I can access all my gear without leaving the front deck.

Another fan of the Eyra! I don't even want an update because then I might want the updated version!

19. Member
    I know I too like the Eyra as my favorite

20. Member
    I agree that the Eyra is the best looking boat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast