Banned

Worst livewells on the planet

Why does Gambler use recessed live wells? They leak half way down . I have a 1/2 inch gap in the back of the live well that drains after 5 min of filling. Try running with 2/3 water and see if your fish are still alive. Next boat will be a bullet or Era. Its stupid, I have a whole tube of 5200 trying to plug it. If it was molded into the cap it wouldn't be an issue. Its like having a super model for a wife that doesn't put out. 3RD Gambler with this issue.......... Come on just glass them in. 2100 for sale.

2. Member
    I see guys talk about this and I can never find what they are talking about. Mine must be ok. I did however do some recirc work and installed a flo rite pull out switch to a pump out and installed V2 haven't had a dead fish since
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Just out of curiosity I'd like to see some pics
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

4. Banned
    HOW MUCH FOR THE BOAT??

Figure out how to run an aerator bubba!
    No issues with any of the 4 I've had... maybe that's why they are such large live wells.. extra room...
    now as far as them being on the sides verses the middle of the boat like with the sterling, I'll give you that one!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    No issues with mine either. Middle would be better but........the slide doors are nice.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

7. Member
    5 Gamblers and 3 Sterlings and I did have one Gambler that was not sealed at the top of live wells but cannot remember the year. I'll take that over the 2006 Ranger that after bringing home from dealer and putting a coat of wax on it due the dull looking finish compared to previous Gamblers my fingers went through the side 4" X 14" long only gelcoat no fiberglass
    None of my 8 Gamblers ever had a problem but the 2006 Ranger was back to dealer 15 times for warranty issues plus twice repairing the no fiberglass issue. Also had trailer issues with brakes exploding off due to improper length bolts and receiver having to be pried off ball when it wouldn't release. So much for Rangers
    Last edited by IndianaGambler; 05-18-2017 at 08:53 AM.

8. Member
    Never had any problems with mine loosing water or fish during long runs.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    Never had any problems with mine loosing water or fish during long runs.

One, your in NY and I'm in Fl. I Don't have problems in the cooler months but after March it starts to get to be a problem. Fished a tx last Sat and got 2nd even with 4 of my 5 fish dead. I babied them all day. I had 5 fish by 7:30 in the morning and took a chance and let two go because by 10 they were swimming sideways in the live well. One fish swam away only to bee seen resting on the bottom of the lake 3 min later. At weigh in there were about 8 dead fish and I accounted for roughly 50 percent. David Burch got 3rd and he looked in my well and agreed the recirculate is lcated way too low in the live well . Also, compared to other boats the live wells are a good bit smaller. At 9:00 in the morning your already dripping sweat with temps around 90. It doesn't get much cooler at night then 78. Y'all up north have much cooler nights and mornings which helps to keep water temps down which allows for more dissolved O2. Think I got it fixed , went and bought a manual sprayer.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 06-06-2017 at 02:19 PM.

10. Member
    I can count on one hand the fish I lost in my gambler and they were probably from the hook in a bad spot. Its can get crazy hot in NC in the dead heat of the summer. I always kept plenty of ice in the livewell, bass medics rejuvenade and keep the pumps going.
    -Lance
    Bullet 21XD Mercury 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    I installed the vt2s also have a power bubbles kit wired into my aerator. Never have killed a fish.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

Vt 2s helped my livewell temps

13. Member
    Let me know if you buy some I have a 3" hole saw like new used twice for about 30 seconds of run time.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112