Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2005 225 hp evinrude Etec HO Fuel pump

Recently having issues with the motor...had a mechanic look at it and the fuel pump is making noise so he thinks that is the issue. .. the motor will idle but when I give it throttle it just sits there and bubbles, studders, no response, what ever you want to call it... he said it's not getting fuel and the pump screaches when I turn on the key. He's telling me it's gunna be around a grand...IF he can find one...sounds fishy but wanted to get some input as to where to look for one and a rough price...I'm not a mechanic but I'm not dumb...it just sounds a little bit fishy... part number is P61452S. It's a carter pump...other numbers on it are 5006063 and 05D15A. Not sure which is the part I'd number. .. any help would be greatly appreciated fellas! Thanks MattBrady

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Member
    Awesome! Thanks so much sir... is this fairly common...? The motor was running awesome all day and all year for that matter and I came off plane ... went under the bridge and went to accelerate and I had nothing it would idle perfectly but I had no acceleration at all

4. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    $1000 is a healthy mark up for a part that is available and not hard to find (especially since he only "thinks" that's the issue). Does that include labor and all associated extras? Was any other trouble shooting done to verify or check anything else?

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    Awesome! Thanks so much sir... is this fairly common...? The motor was running awesome all day and all year for that matter and I came off plane ... went under the bridge and went to accelerate and I had nothing it would idle perfectly but I had no acceleration at all
    Fred (ChampioNman) knows these motors and will be along shortly to help yah(If my "mechanic" says he thinks he knows the problem and his hunch/repair will be on my nickel, I would run away fast) Post up the model number if yah could, will help a lot...

6. Member
    Model number E225DHLSOL
    SER# 05115744

7. Member
    Check your fuel line where it routes under the air breather housing and make sure it's not collapsed. Mine was pinched in two spots where the gas line routes beside the oil filter.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onttr22 View Post
    Check your fuel line where it routes under the air breather housing and make sure it's not collapsed. Mine was pinched in two spots where the gas line routes beside the oil filter.
    Will do thx!

# 5009118 is the part number for the electric fuel pump replacement kit, you do not have to buy the whole VST if everything but the pump is OK. It sells for about $162 through an Evinrude dealer
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

10. Member
    Ok he's telling me that I need part number 5004429 which I have found both of them except I don't know the difference between the two other than $350... thanks again

11. Member
    Any idea what the difference between part number 5006063
    And part number 5004429 is? There's like 350$ difference. .. they both come back to be the correct one ?

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Why is he so insistent about replacing the VST and not just the pump? Is there contamination in the reservoir?

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Did some digging and the 5004429 is for tha FICHT motor and not an Etec. The pump is external to the tank on the FICHT pump. The 5006063 is an all in one and is used on all models of the Etec.

14. Member
    okay that's what I wanted to know I will order the 5006063 and that should solve all my problems... I appreciate all your help guys I don't know why he insist on replacing the whole thing but he feels like if he's already in there you might as well replace the whole thing so for a couple hundred bucks I will just replace the whole VST unit and go with that once again I appreciate all your help

15. Member
    ChampioNman and omcforever I appreciate your help. ..I'll update you guys. .. just so you know Champion man this motor is on a 198 champion.... so it's all good lol

16. Member
    Can I ask how many hours on that pump? Just curious...have similar engine and my pump didn't have any issues with supplying fuel...it was just noisy and at 500 hours so I replaced it for $150 and about an hours time.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

17. Member
    Right around 550

18. Member
    the main reason I went with the whole entire unit is the fact that I can't get anyone else to look at it for 3 weeks I called 3 different marinas and they're all busier than hell right now because everyone is just putting their boats in so I figured I would fix it once and fix it right and not be guessing as to what other parts I'm going to need.... plus I had a tournament next weekend LOL

19. Member
    I have the same motor and mine acted the same way last fall. Took it in this spring and suspected the fuel pump. Turned out the tech was able to rebuild the pump with a kit and also replaced an injector. Total cost was around $800. Runs like a champ now

20. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Seems to know the pump is failed, tech needs to 1st know what the fuel pressure is showing.

I installed a fuel pressure gauge on my E-TEC so I can monitor the fuel rail pressure. It is converting the reading to NMEA-2000 network data so I can monitor it at my sonar/gps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast