2007 250 HPDI fuel pressure help

I have my boat at a very reputable dealer because I had a running issue last week and my plugs fouled bad. The mechanic called me today with his findings but said he would diagnose some more before ordering parts. What he has found though is that my high pressure pump is making 1500 psi at idle. I have heard that these pumps never give problems and he has only ever replaced one. Is there anything that could cause this issue other than the pump itself? Thanks for any help.
    Tommy Stewart
    2007 Ranger 521VX
    Lunkerlure@msn.com

2. Tony C
    Filters, secret filters in the pump. They may have crap in them.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

3. Banned
    The pump can be rebuilt by Flagship Marine. Before sending it to them for an expensive repair it would be worthwhile to change the "not-so-secret" filters that are within the pumps. Your mechanic should be familiar with doing this. If not, he should check around to see if he can find someone that is familiar with the HP pump.

Also, the pressure regulator only might need to be serviced. Also, check for a restriction that might inhibit fuel from flowing from the regulator back to the vapor separator tank.

4. Member
    Might have got lucky. He found a connector this morning that was corroded. Cleaned it and said now the pressure reads 1000 instead of 1500. He is doing a lake test this afternoon then going to call me in the morning.
    Tommy Stewart
    2007 Ranger 521VX
    Lunkerlure@msn.com