Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by poeman View Post
    nothing wrong with fishing pickwick they are starting to move out.
    Big fish to be caught there, no doubt, but you have to be very adept at ledge fishing to do well. Personally, I'd rather chew tin foil. I've never done well fishing ledges and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.......
    Last edited by AveryF; 05-22-2017 at 11:15 AM.

2. Member
    Well we made it here. I love ledge fishing as that's what I do on Toledo and Rayburn, but this is different. The entire river channel is a great looking ledge. I scanned a few fish this afternoon and got some short strikes but they wouldn't commit. Caught 5 up shallow in 6-8' of grass on chatterbait and spinnerbait. Any advice on what to look for on ledges around here. Points? Channel swings? Flat spots? And any areas that seem to be better than others?

3. Member
    Look for grass. When you find it, get a plastic worm and you will smoke them.

4. Member
    We caught 81 today. Had a few good ones between 3-5lbs, but had so many dinks it was unbelievable. I've never caught so many 8-12" fish in my life. It was fun, but we are going to try something different tomorrow and go to pickwick thursday.

Look for the shell beds on the channel. Should show up bright white on river ledge shelves. Swimbaits on 3/4 oz head should get quality strikes.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    Big fish to be caught there, no doubt, but you have to be very adept at ledge fishing to do well. Personally, I'd rather chew tin foil. I've never done well fishing ledges and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.......
    you do pretty good!

7. Member
    Well guys just got home from a week at guntersville. We fished 4 days on guntersville and 1 day at pickwick. The lakes fish a lot different than Toledo and Rayburn but we managed to figure out 3 different patterns and had to bounce between the 3 each day to find size. Tuesday we caught 81 fish and our top 5 were 20lbs. Wednesday we ran all new water and caught 82 but only had about 16lbs. Thursday we caught 86 and had 16lbs. Friday we went to pickwick and caught 32 but not much size, maybe 12lbs. Saturday we fished Guntersville again and caught 51 on a short day and had right at 20lbs again. There is a ridiculous amount of 6-12" fish in that lake. In 3-5 years it will be unbelievable again. Can't wait to go back!

8. Member
    Glad Y'all had a good trip and put them boys on some fish.[QUOTE=JDS723;8449756]Well guys just got home from a week at guntersville. We fished 4 days on guntersville and 1 day at pickwick. The lakes fish a lot different than Toledo and Rayburn but we managed to figure out 3 different patterns and had to bounce between the 3 each day to find size. Tuesday we caught 81 fish and our top 5 were 20lbs. Wednesday we ran all new water and caught 82 but only had about 16lbs. Thursday we caught 86 and had 16lbs. Friday we went to pickwick and caught 32 but not much size, maybe 12lbs. Saturday we fished Guntersville again and caught 51 on a short day and had right at 20lbs again. There is a ridiculous amount of 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12