Veterans Fishing

Hello All,
    I have the pleasure of bringing a Veteran that is involved with The Reel American Hero Foundation fishing this Wednesday. He only has 1 day avail for me to take him out, I am hoping someone can help to get me some insight as to what the northern lakes are doing. Is the spawn started at Winnisquam? do you think the smallies will be up by this Weds? any help is greatly appreciated as I want to provide a productive day on the water as a thank you for his time serving this great nation.

Thanks
    GregD
    Last edited by GregD; 05-15-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Fishing has been a little different this year with all the rain and cold, but you should be able to bang a few shallow. Probably would go to Newfound, but I hate Winnisquam.

Jim,
    Love Newfound and traditional do well all year there. However, Winnisquam tends to warm first and produces nice smallies during spawn. After that, I have no idea where they go. Have you been to either recently? I heard water temps during the Mike Mac T where at 42f. we need some sun!

4. Member
    I'm hoping to hit Newfound this week, so I can report back what I find. The website with the webcam currently has it at 45 degrees, but it did hit 50 degrees last Friday. http://www.newfoundlakeweather.com/

Everything is colder than normal. A buddy of mine hit them pretty good the other day on Newfound. Nothing but sporadic reports of spawning fish as of today. Nothing to pattern, for sure. I was out last 3 days and caught them shallow some days, 15-25 ft on silver buddy Saturday and Sunday. I'd go to Newfound and jerk bait, shaky head and pray! I'm there guiding Thursday. Good luck.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Everything is colder than normal. A buddy of mine hit them pretty good the other day on Newfound. Nothing but sporadic reports of spawning fish as of today. Nothing to pattern, for sure. I was out last 3 days and caught them shallow some days, 15-25 ft on silver buddy Saturday and Sunday. I'd go to Newfound and jerk bait, shaky head and pray! I'm there guiding Thursday. Good luck.
    Give me a shout please when you get back and let me know how you made out, gonna go up there on Friday.

Thanks for the reports guys, likely to hit Winnisquam Wednesday, I'll report back with temps and what I find.

G

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Give me a shout please when you get back and let me know how you made out, gonna go up there on Friday.
    Ok, tough schedule this week...Thursday @ Newfound, Friday @ Conway, Saturday @ Ossipee, Sunday @ Wentworth and Monday back at Ossipee

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Ok, tough schedule this week...Thursday @ Newfound, Friday @ Conway, Saturday @ Ossipee, Sunday @ Wentworth and Monday back at Ossipee
    Oh you poor thing you, how will you survive such a grueling weekend???

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Oh you poor thing you, how will you survive such a grueling weekend???
    peebers...as usual.

Winnisquam update: Main lake 48f @ 7:00am. 51f by 3:00pm, south side of lake past Winnisquam Marine, 55f.
    Lot of empty beds, smallies were found 18-13' on jigs. Spotted only 1 fatty cruising in 5'. By the weekend and next week it will be on fire.