211r getting water in rear storage compartments

I have a 2014 211R. I've noticed over the last two months that my two rear dry storage compartments are getting water in them. I made sure the plugs were in place and secure. And just recently my large dry storage on the front right is getting soaked. No rain or rough water!! Is there anyone having this problem or that could offer some advice on trouble shooting. Thanks

2. Member
    Livewell leaking? I assume your livewell pump out and at the very least hoses are in that area. If one came off the pump or livewell then you could get water. I'd check to make sure theres not water getting in that way. I just replaced my entire system in my 2000 procraft. Tried it tonight. So glad it's all new. Hoses, valves, pumps, etc. Even replaced my bilge pumps.

3. Member
    If you can pull those boxes out in your rear storage and fill your wells with a hose. Then try your resirculate and pump out. If they are leaking from the pump or valve or hose you'll see it.

4. Member
    Also one of your intake hoses could be leaking. Make sure that is not the case

5. Legend Boats Moderator
    As stated previously check your hose connections

Not positive about your legend, but can water pass through the bottom of the rub rail while turning and get into the compartment? Water pressure can easily pass through there easily if the silicone is damaged.

7. Member
    Thanks procraft, i will check those things this evening!

8. Member
    Fishy, i checked under my rub rail as you suggested. To my surprise, there is quite a bit of separation between my rub rail and hull. It appears to be 3/8 to 1/4", and its separated like that for 3/4 the length of the hull on the drivers side, stern to bow. not as bad on passenger side, but there is some there also. I wouldn't think this should be normal?

9. Member
    I don't think so. You may have found the water issue. When I first got my boat I had to tighten the rub screws a few times. I used loctite on them after a couple times and have never had issues since. Mine is a procraft but I'm sure all rubs are similar. May have to silicone and put some thread locker on those screws.

10. Member
    My legend doesn't have screws they are rivets. You shouldn't have separation unless it got banged pretty good against a dock.
    Nitro z21

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    My legend doesn't have screws they are rivets. You shouldn't have separation unless it got banged pretty good against a dock.
    I'm to nice to her to let that happen!!

12. Member
    A rivet can bust loose over time just like screws can back out. Pull the rub center piece out of possible and check.

13. Member
    Just an update. I was able to bring my boat to Toledo Fiberglass for an assessment. Mr. Al, the owner, evaluated it and said there were some broken rivets, not sure how many. But that in his opinion, that's the reason my boxes were getting water in them. So I'm now waiting on authorization from Legend for repairs. He also said its not something that he's seen before with a Legend boat. FYI

14. Member
    Glad you found it.

Yep some new rivets and new silicone and you'll be set. Shit happens to everything and the gap it's self isn't abnormal. They have to set the top cap over the hull. It's all good