Thread: Mark Twain Lake

Mark Twain Lake

I know the lake is still about 13 ft high and dropping, but has anyone been out on the lake recently? Curious about the water clarity. Thinking about a trying to catch a few bass there next weekend. Thanks.

2. Member
    We had a club tourney Saturday. Lower lake, Black Jack, Lick Creek and I believe Little Indian were fairly clear. The guys that won and finished 2nd fished those areas. 15 Lbs with 5 fish won. Obviously we went the wrong way
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I know that lake can be stingy at times. I used to have a 5th wheel trailer at the Landing before the ex & I split, so I have some experience on that lake. Looks like I might be making the trip up there this weekend if the weather holds up.

Thanks again.

4. Member
    Well got on the water after the rain stopped about 7:30 and managed to catch 3 keepers out of Little Indian. Also caught a 13 inch crappie and 7lb channel cat on a crank bait. Had a problem trimming the motor with the throttle trim switch so pretty much fish all around Little Indian most of the day. Looks like a new trim switch before the boat leaves the garage again.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 188 Elite View Post
    Had a problem trimming the motor with the throttle trim switch so pretty much fish all around Little Indian most of the day. Looks like a new trim switch before the boat leaves the garage again.
    Mine was doing the same thing. I replaced both relays and works perfect again. $32 fix for me

6. Member
    Thought I had it fixed but it still worked intermittently. So a new switch is going on this weekend along with 2 new trailer leafs and a brake line. Caught a pothole north of Troy on the way home Memorial Day and broke a leaf spring and trailer came down on the axle and smashed a brake line. Luckily I made it home but the tire was rubbing on the fender and it got so hot that it boiled the paint off in a spot. I is a 3 leaf spring and talking with some trailer guys, it really should be a 4 leaf spring. One guy told me that judging by where it broke I was overloaded on the trailer. It was raining hard from Troy through 141 so didn't realize it was bouncing on the fender as the water spray was coming off the fenders. Contacted Modot about the pothole and they are sending an adjuster out to talk with me. If you ever need any trailers parts I would recommend Waymire's in Indianapolis. Guy were very helpful and parts arrived the next day.

Was able to fish on Sunday and for 5 hours Monday. Caught two 17 inch keepers, one each day and lost 4 more keepers at the boat throwing a creature bait on a shakey head. Think I need to investigate a larger hook or a better hook set. We also caught about 5 shorts each every day. Fun trip.

7. Member
    Sounds like twain is heating up. I'll definitely have to make a trip up there once I get my boat back from getting a new transom.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 188 Elite View Post
    Thought I had it fixed but it still worked intermittently. So a new switch is going on this weekend along with 2 new trailer leafs and a brake line. Caught a pothole north of Troy on the way home Memorial Day and broke a leaf spring and trailer came down on the axle and smashed a brake line. Luckily I made it home but the tire was rubbing on the fender and it got so hot that it boiled the paint off in a spot. I is a 3 leaf spring and talking with some trailer guys, it really should be a 4 leaf spring. One guy told me that judging by where it broke I was overloaded on the trailer. It was raining hard from Troy through 141 so didn't realize it was bouncing on the fender as the water spray was coming off the fenders. Contacted Modot about the pothole and they are sending an adjuster out to talk with me. If you ever need any trailers parts I would recommend Waymire's in Indianapolis. Guy were very helpful and parts arrived the next day.

Was able to fish on Sunday and for 5 hours Monday. Caught two 17 inch keepers, one each day and lost 4 more keepers at the boat throwing a creature bait on a shakey head. Think I need to investigate a larger hook or a better hook set. We also caught about 5 shorts each every day. Fun trip.
    Sorry to hear about your trailer......also a really good place for trailer parts that is local is Etrailer. They are in Wentzville right across Hwy A from GM plant. They have large website and a will call counter if you're local.
    2012 Z521, Yamaha 250 SHO
    SOLD-1998 Ranger 519DVS, Mercury 225 EFI
    Semper Fi

9. Member
    Thanks for that info. I'm sure I will be in the market for something else soon.