Hey guys,

i have a 2012 150ProXs

i developed a wierd vibration rhythmic tapping noise on my outboard recently only able to hear it at idle. I feared it might be the beginning of some compressor noise. I believe I have ruled that out but this is what I have found.

First off I noticed my rear cowling latch has worn against the coil pack mount bracket and worn a notch in it.

After I got the boat home this is what I did, I removed the cowling and belt cover panel and started it on water muffs

i observed a good bit of belt flop and my alternator moving a lot. No noise out of the ordinary noise from compressor

removed the belt, tensioner spring still feels tight, tensioner pulley bearing still tight and spins freely.

Removed alternator bolt
My upper alternator rubber anti vibration bushing especially the top bushing are worn pretty badly and flop around easily by moving by hand.

My best guess is the bushing is shot and the excess movement of the alternator is causing my belt to flop more than normal.

My question is, has anyone substituted any sort of solid mount for the alternator instead of the rubber bushings and would it hurt anything if I substituted a thick washer in its place?

Thanks,
Jake