Attwood Pedestal Pin Post Adapter Question

Well I have finally reached that point where I have to do something about my sticking seat posts!
    I like the idea of converting to the 3/4" pin style, had them in a boat before my Champ and really liked them.
    Does anyone know if I can machine the Attwood 1.77" post adapter down a smidgen so they will fit my 1.75" sockets?
    I am assuming that they will not fit as is.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

2. 80.3 mph and squeezing bruce''s Avatar
    I took a belt sander and took enough off to make the fit. I just placed them in a vise and took a little time to make it look right. Once they are in you wont see difference anyway. Take a little at a time. I also polished the holes in the boat with a flap wheel. But decided it would be better to take the metal off instead of the plastic.
    Fishing Texas lakes one at a time
    2000 Baltex hull 202 Elite Champion
    2016 250 pro
    8 inch Hydraulic Jack Plate
    tempest 27 work by Steve
    Hook sets are fishing reality.

Partner im in the same situation... i finally got the back seat pedestal out from being "stuck" or froze-up, now im trying to decide on just using a flapper sander and cleaning up the original hole or update the hole to the 3/4" pin sleeve. I made a thread on here and a fella gave me a link to Iboats.com i think about those converter sleeves. I may just drop the coin in those and make decision after getting them in on which way i go to fix my problem.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    Partner im in the same situation... i finally got the back seat pedestal out from being "stuck" or froze-up, now im trying to decide on just using a flapper sander and cleaning up the original hole or update the hole to the 3/4" pin sleeve. I made a thread on here and a fella gave me a link to Iboats.com i think about those converter sleeves. I may just drop the coin in those and make decision after getting them in on which way i go to fix my problem.
    I am going the conversion route for sure. Stopped at Gander Mtn last night and they had the 13" fixed pin pedestal marked way down so I scooped one of those up...project started!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce' View Post
    I took a belt sander and took enough off to make the fit. I just placed them in a vise and took a little time to make it look right. Once they are in you wont see difference anyway. Take a little at a time. I also polished the holes in the boat with a flap wheel. But decided it would be better to take the metal off instead of the plastic.
    Thanks for the thoughts Bruce. I was also wondering if that might be a way to do it. I have a friend with a lathe, bet I could just chuck it up and use a piece of sand paper on a block same width as the adapter...
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Which style of bushings did you go with??? Brass or composit plastic? I have a link from Iboats.com for some

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    Which style of bushings did you go with??? Brass or composit plastic? I have a link from Iboats.com for some
    I plan to purchase the Attwood adapters, they are some sort of plastic, nylon ect.
    Please post up your link when you can if it is different from the Attwood product.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Here's what another member here sent:
    http://www.iboats.com/Bushing-Swivl-Eze

9. Member
    I bought the Attwood and had my carpet guy install them. He sprayed silicone on them and pounded them in with a deadblow mallet. They work great and no squeaks. I hated those old 1.75 seats.

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    They sell the attwood adapters on ebay.
    I used a barrel sander to widen the hole a bit and tapped the adapter in with a hammer.
    They work easy and great...Hope I don't ever want to take them out!

11. Member
    THANKS for all of the thoughts folks!!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Mine are on order from Iboats.com and headn my way... just 1 more way to update my ride!!!

13. Member
    Adapter ordered.
    Next question if anyone knows, the Attwood seat bases, do they have the same bolt pattern as the old bases with the 1.75" pedestals? I measured my existing 1.75" seat base bolt pattern and got a diagonal number of ~7.75" and a corner to corner (same side) of ~5.5".
    I sent an email to Attwood a few days ago but have not received a reply.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66