Verado 300 Pro engine temperature

Serial # 2B376111

I have 4 hrs on motor and the 2 hour break in was done exactly as owners manual requires. I noticed today that the engine temperature while running on plane would very from 145 to 174 degrees. The temp would not gradually come down from 174 it would come down pretty quick to mid 140's then go back up again, it would never be stable. Is this normal? I know on my 225 Optimax it would be around 130-135 and usually stay there while running on plane. My water pressure at 3000-3500 rpm was anywhere from 9-10 and would go up higher at higher rpm's. Thanks

My 2017 350 was doing that and giving an alarm occasionally when I first got it. turned out to be a loose engine plug. Dealer checked everything out and then unplugged and plugged back in and it was good. a partially bad connect was the issue. Zero trouble since then engine has been great.

3. Member
    Hi!

My 350 Sci did the same all years when I had it running without any problems. I was told it was due to cold sea water temps. I presume the sensor measure the coolant water temp, not the block itself.
    When the summer came, the needle stabilized :)

Cheeers, Toffen

4. Member
    thermostats on Vrods are known for opening and closing like a switch.. some are more smooth than others but thermostat temp is 143 and seems to be about 170 before it causes any odditys