Fenwick Aetos durability issues?

I put a 7'9 Heavy Aetos in rotation today with a 13 Concept A3 and on the first hook set it cracked right below the 4th eye from the top? The rod was brand new and I'm perplexed. I am hoping Fenwicl will take care of it but I tight I'd post and see of anyone else has had issues?

2. Member
    This happened to me with an Aetos 7'6" heavy as well. Third cast with a 3/8 oz jig it broke halfway down the rod. They replaced quickly with another rod without charge and I have had it for almost a year with no problems. I have about 10 fenwick rods from elite tech, Aetos, and world class and have been very happy with the other rods.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim813 View Post
    This happened to me with an Aetos 7'6" heavy as well. Third cast with a 3/8 oz jig it broke halfway down the rod. They replaced quickly with another rod without charge and I have had it for almost a year with no problems. I have about 10 fenwick rods from elite tech, Aetos, and world class and have been very happy with the other rods.

Glad ad to hear it.

I was looking forward using it as I have aN Aetos in MH 7' and really like it.

Tony

4. Member
    Never had a issue with them replacing any of my broken rods. Just give them a call and send a picture, and you should have a new rod in a week.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Never had a issue with them replacing any of my broken rods. Just give them a call and send a picture, and you should have a new rod in a week.
    I have to go though the whole get an RMA send the broken rod back for inspection (on my dime which won't be cheap and isn't really the issue but ....) and someone at Fenwick has to inspect it. So I'm out the money for the rod and can't use the rod that I purchased until they deem it's a valid claim. I get trying to be diligent in making sure they aren't being scammed but it's a PITA. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Fenwick at this time. I have a bunch of ardent reels and one of them was not reeling very smooth and I called them and had a new spool to fix the problem in 3 days. That's obviously not apples to apples but I'm much more Impressed with that kind of customer service.

We will see what happens.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDbass13 View Post
    I have to go though the whole get an RMA send the broken rod back for inspection (on my dime which won't be cheap and isn't really the issue but ....) and someone at Fenwick has to inspect it. So I'm out the money for the rod and can't use the rod that I purchased until they deem it's a valid claim. I get trying to be diligent in making sure they aren't being scammed but it's a PITA. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Fenwick at this time. I have a bunch of ardent reels and one of them was not reeling very smooth and I called them and had a new spool to fix the problem in 3 days. That's obviously not apples to apples but I'm much more Impressed with that kind of customer service.

I had one rod needed warranty replacement, took a picture of receipt, where the rod was broke, and the model number and then paid $9.95 to get new one, they didn't even make me send old one back.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDbass13 View Post

I'd call back in hopes of getting someone else on the line. Or send an email. This doesn't sound right at all. I missed an eye threading on line. About 15 minutes of casting with 12# mono created a spiral groove in the finish. Sent Fenwick an email explaining the situation. They asked for a picture of it and offered any rod in any series at 45% off. I realize this isn't the same as a broken rod, but Fenwick didn't have to offer me anything since it was 100% my fault, yet they did. I can't imagine them giving you a hard time about a broken rod.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    I'd call back in hopes of getting someone else on the line. Or send an email. This doesn't sound right at all. I missed an eye threading on line. About 15 minutes of casting with 12# mono created a spiral groove in the finish. Sent Fenwick an email explaining the situation. They asked for a picture of it and offered any rod in any series at 45% off. I realize this isn't the same as a broken rod, but Fenwick didn't have to offer me anything since it was 100% my fault, yet they did. I can't imagine them giving you a hard time about a broken rod.
    Never had to send in anything. Just e-mailed them pics and a brief discription of the issue and had a new rod in about a week. Good luck.

9. Member
    Try this number if you have not already. They have always been great to deal with. 1(800)642-7637 Hope this helps

10. Member
    So I guess the procedures have changed. I called and talked to customer service and they have to get the rod back which they did today and they are sending me a replacement today. Not the easiest process but they are doing the right thing. I'd definitely not have any issues buying more Fenwick products.

I have 3 fenwicks and I love them. However, my last HMG had reel seat issues and it took over 3 months to get a rod back.