Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Guys-

I got a couple days to spare next week and was thinking about fishing Door Co. 10-20 mi/hr winds from the South/southwest everyday. What bays would be best to fish in those conditions? Which areas to stay away from? I am looking to travel further up the peninsula and not fish Sturgeon Bay. Thanks for any help.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Hey Guys-

I got a couple days to spare next week and was thinking about fishing Door Co. 10-20 mi/hr winds from the South/southwest everyday. What bays would be best to fish in those conditions? Which areas to stay away from? I am looking to travel further up the peninsula and not fish Sturgeon Bay. Thanks for any help.
    Most bays (L. Sturgeon, Sister, Ephraim, Egg, etc)except the shipping channel flats should be good then. Just launch in the bay you want to fish to avoid a run on the main lake. Just my opinion.
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

3. Member
    Caught 25 in Ephraim today. Best fish on hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 187 View Post
    Most bays (L. Sturgeon, Sister, Ephraim, Egg, etc)except the shipping channel flats should be good then. Just launch in the bay you want to fish to avoid a run on the main lake. Just my opinion.
    Thanks Steve.

Any restaurant suggestions for Egg Harbor and up?
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

5. Member
    Chop in sister bay cooks perfect steaks, we ate there both nights. Good luck

6. Member
    Wild Tomato Pizza in Fish Creek, Caseys BBQ in Egg Harbor, Sister Bay Bowl and Door County Creamery in Sister Bay. If you were to eat in Sturgeon Bay, Greystone Castle has a Prime rib sandwich that is almost too much to eat and Door County Fire has all you can eat Broasted Chicken, in Illinois we call it fried chicken, for $9.99. Don't forget to order Renards Cheese curds wherever you go!

Thanks- basscubs.

Can you guys tell me about some of the launches? I launched at Sisters Bay last summer and that parking down the street is a pain. How about Ephraim and Egg Harbor? What kind of parking do they have? I am fishing solo so I don't like parking a ways off from my boat. Thanks for any info.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

8. Member
    Ephiram has a boat launch with parking next to it. Get there around 7am or earlier and I don't think you will have a problem finding a spot.
    I think the parking at sister bay is about a block away from the launch, but I don't know that for sure.

egg harbor also has parking next to the launch, but I think you would have better luck fishing out of Ephiram.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Thanks- basscubs.

Can you guys tell me about some of the launches? I launched at Sisters Bay last summer and that parking down the street is a pain. How about Ephraim and Egg Harbor? What kind of parking do they have? I am fishing solo so I don't like parking a ways off from my boat. Thanks for any info.

Egg harbor is really nice and it's a close walk to the ramp, get there early though, not many spots there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12