Question Spinnerbait assembly critique

IMG_20170514_082812856-600x600.jpgIMG_20170514_081212317-600x600.jpg
    Question is on blade spacing and orientation. Input please.

Went with hatchet (tomahawk) style for a couple of reasons.
    1. I like the look.
    2. It's something different.
    3. I fish muddy water. Right now clarity is 2". The best I've seen this lake is 18". Thought these might put out more vibration.
    These are ½oz.
    Thanks

2. Member
    The bait in your hand that you can see, well the bottom two blades won't spin, they are turned the wrong way. Tomahaw or Doc Shelton blades look good and have a different flash and sound but they offer no more vibration than a willow leaf blade.

3. Member
    New something didn't look right. Thanks. Fixed it.

I'm not a fan of all the colored beads and extra hardware... I like the fish to home in on the hook area. You did a good job making them, I hope the blades spin and run true... They will catch fish though.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    With 2" of visibility, I don't know how much color matters. As for the red beads, that's what I had on hand, I'm also impatient. Ill swap them out later on, as their are clearer lakes around.
    What extra hardware are you not a fan of?

If fishing dirty water a single big Colorado will out thump those.

7. Member
    Bummer. Oh well, at least I accomplished something, Instead of just watching TV!

9. Member
    Be careful with putting blades too close to the line tie as they will just flap instead of spin. Personally I am not a fan of colored beads but I know some people like them. Speaking of beads use a hollow metal bead behind the clevis because with enough use the metal clevis will dig into the plastic and bind from my experience. Good start and thinking outside the box with blade choices.

Allen

10. Member
    I agree with a bigger Colorado blade for muddy conditions. I'd use gold (brass) but it probably doesn't matter. Next then a double willow set up for slightly less muddy water and if chasing shad. I won't use a "wire twisted tie in point" style Spinner bait. Been too many times I have broken off a bass cause the line gets around that wire twist. When I can find them, I prefer wire set ups which taper in diameter towards the end; more expensive though. I tie my own skirts and use a copper wire wrap to make sure then stay on and flare a bit. I'd experiment with the wire length and angle. Sometimes you want the end blade ticking the hook point. Overall looks good....Carry on.

11. Member
    Thanks for the tips!
    Haven't decided on skirt color yet. I do like the idea of using wire to tie them. Have had too many come loose with rubber style.
    How many do not use skirts, and just use a swim bait or something else?
    Well see how the line tie goes, I was actually liking the closed loop. I like to use snaps, keeps it from wandering around.

12. Member
    Don't give up on the tomahawk blades, they don't have the thump but there is something with the way they look and, I imagine, sound in the water that works.

13. Member
    Everyone is throwing willow or Colorado blades. Figured something different might help.

14. Member
    Experimenting never hurts and like you said. If they don't work for ya you can change and try again. Love the blade choice

15. Member
    Thank you!