Thread: Carp fishing

Carp fishing

I know ,I know this is a Bass site BUT. My three sons and I get together every year and do something different. Last years Drag boat races, THUNDER ON THE OHIO. Hit St Clair for smallies etc. I went by a paylake on 69 north of Indy. I thought big carp, spend the weekend ,take motorhome, beer ,steaks = fun. Does anyone know anything about this place? appreciate any Ideas on this or ?

2. Member
    Jackpot fishing I have a buddy that goes there Carp fisherman are a different breed for sure.

Carp in a pay pond are going to be tough to catch more than likely, especially if it is catch and release.

Probably be easier to go down to the local river and catch them.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

4. Member
    Been to this place but it's not the best carp pay lake in the Indy area. There's a place called Indy lakes that I've caught multiple 20+ pounders.

Indylakes.com is the site. Lots of fish.

Good luck and travel safe.

5. idbefishing
    Joe, if you want carps, the White River got lot of carps and they're free.

6. Member
    If I remember correctly a couple years ago a guy caught a three digit blue out of one of those little ponds. May be something to consider instead of carp.

Pine lakes camping and fishing is the name of the place you are asking about, I think.
    Last edited by fxdwgkd; 05-15-2017 at 10:54 AM.

7. idbefishing
    Pine lake ponds have to be the most pressured water in all of Indiana. I don't see how anyone can catch fish out of there. I've seen a lot of times when people lined up the bank almost shoulder to shoulder. Them fish see so many hooks, so often they can probably tell what brand you're using.

8. Member
    thanks to all ,Joe

Joe, if you looking for adventure carp fishing check in to Wilderness State Park in Michigan. It's up by Mackinaw City. There are miles of flats that hold carp and smallmouth bass. Cool place

10. Member
    Thanks Big I will check that out I spend alot of time in Mi.