Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    not even the best bass boat on the market is worth that type of money,but to answer your question any of the ranger boats is what I would take
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

2. Member
    It can't be settled because what constitutes the best bass boat is different for each individual. I'll stay with my Stroker, at least until Allisons become more affordable.

I would look at bass cat, 21' Bullet, legend going by the three things you are wanting out of it good luck with the choices but remember it's your boat and get what u like. Not one person likes what another person likes
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

4. Member
    I'd take the money and buy a loaded out pro gator 150c then take the other 25k and purchase something nice for the misses so I would get away with buying a new boat

5. Member
    Some really great opinions here. Thanks you guys.
    just like I thought, it's basically all personal preference.

I agree with Bullet Bling. There are a lot of good fishing boats out there and finding the one that's best for you may take some time. What's best would be to go out with different boat owners and see the fishability of each one. I've fished from several brands and owned a Stratos for several years, but IMO my Bullet is the by far the best boat I've owned and been in. Only thing with Bullets is that they are much lighter than most boats and windy days move them around a little more than others. To me, it's not even an issue. The wind moves all boats. My 21xd has tons of storage and plenty of floor. A very long deck. Rangers, BassCats and similar are all nice to fish out of. You need to visit a few dealers and really go over the boats inside and out. Each boat has its fine points. Just have to find the one that has everything you want and like. To me, Bullet is the best. A Ranger guy may say different. To each his own.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quality? BassCat. Customer Service? BassCat. Speed? There are some boats out there that are super fast, but a BassCat is certainly no slouch and will out run/out perform some of the other boats mentioned.

I'm certainly not saying that Ranger, Skeeter, Phoenix, Bullet, Blazer, etc are not good boats. It depends on how you fish and where you fish.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

8. Member
    Just an observation from a neutral 3rd party...

We're 47 posts in and not even a mention of Triton. Any reason for that?

That's just very interesting to me. I don't know a lot about the whole boat market so I'm finding a ton of value in reading through this thread, definitely learning a lot! Just was curious why everyone is leaving Triton off, I always kind of assumed the top 2 were Ranger and Triton based on what I've seen out on the water.

9. Banned
    i still want a legend v20

10. Member
    I want a Falcon 205 and Charger 198.
    I want a simple design, good ride, large platform with big open compartments. Haven't found any other new boats that meet this requirement
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
    Just an observation from a neutral 3rd party...

We're 47 posts in and not even a mention of Triton. Any reason for that?

That's just very interesting to me. I don't know a lot about the whole boat market so I'm finding a ton of value in reading through this thread, definitely learning a lot! Just was curious why everyone is leaving Triton off, I always kind of assumed the top 2 were Ranger and Triton based on what I've seen out on the water.
    I think Triton makes a nice boat. If I was dropping $50k, I would look hard at all manufacturers and find the one I like best at the time...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

Quote Originally Posted by beebow View Post
    Yeah. I agree no bass boat is best. It's which one you like.
    This, what is important to one guy, ei: deck space, storage, fuel economy, speed, resale, may not mean anything to the next guy. If I didn't have the Stroker then I would be in a Bullet, If no Bullet, then I would be in a Phoenix, no Phoenix, then a Ranger,,etc,,, etc,,,
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

13. Member
    201 Pro XL Stratos. Fast, stable, dry and the cheapest of the bunch. You can buy that one new with a 250 Pro XS for about $50. All the others are north of there.

14. Member
    As others said, personal preference rules all. For me, if I were looking at a 20 foot boat in that price, it'd be a Phoenix. Nothing against the other brands, I just prefer the layout of the Phoenix better (they are the only ones who offer 2 smaller storage compartments in the center instead of 1 big one). But for that price, I don't think I'd have a problem with most of them (Legend, Skeeter, Triton, Stratos, Charger, Ranger).
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyHicks View Post
    Okay, if you had $50k to spend, without any prejudice what would you say is the best bass boat on the market today? 20-21 ft.250 hp. Nothing older than 2014.

WHATEVER ONE SUITS YOUR FANCY!

I would look for a used Z521 or 522. Love the deck space but I will say I have never owned a Ranger.

17. Banned
    Hands down.... Nitro anything Nitro

I bought my Skeeter over a Bullet for one main reason and that was comfort...comfort in driving on a rough water day and comfort in fishing on a rough water day. It'll run 73 and it's a big ass boat... It's heavy, sits high in the water so you can see... And it drives better than any other make I've been in and I've been in a bunch.. The only other boat I was considering after all of them was the fx20, and a 21xrd Bullet.. All of them make a good boat... It's just what grabs your eye better than the other...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Never rode in that model Skeeter, but if it rides better than a 21 Bullet its a great riding boat for sure ..

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I bought my Skeeter over a Bullet for one main reason and that was comfort...comfort in driving on a rough water day and comfort in fishing on a rough water day. It'll run 73 and it's a big ass boat... It's heavy, sits high in the water so you can see... And it drives better than any other make I've been in and I've been in a bunch.. The only other boat I was considering after all of them was the fx20, and a 21xrd Bullet.. All of them make a good boat... It's just what grabs your eye better than the other...

Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    Never rode in that model Skeeter, but if it rides better than a 21 Bullet its a great riding boat for sure ..
    The big Bullets take right water pretty good but you bounce so much more in a light hull boat like that...I love those boats and think they are prolly the best looking things on the water but I can fish 8 hours in a Bullet and feel like I've fished double that.... I'm sure it's something I could get used to but the other benefit to the Skeeter is that it will almost drive itself at 73 and the is hardly any banking when in a turn... They just drive different than any boat I've ever driven...from Bullets to older Legends and Bees...Rangers Triton's and Phoenix boats.... Never driven the newer Legends... And I've yet to be in a Falcon...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast