Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trick step or Easy step.

Does anyone have a Trick step or Easy step on their Phoenix trailer?
    What are the pro's and con's of them? I'm looking for something to help
    when loading, and having to crawl over the front and stand on the
    tongue of the trailer to hook the wench up. Getting old doesn't help!

2. Member
    Trick step is fantastic! All pros so far, no cons. Very well made!
    One of my better additions beside the Ultrex��

3. Member
    I don't have a Phoenix but I use the easy step system on mine with no problems. One of the best investments for my boat the I have made.

http://www.easystepsystem.com/

4. Member
    I had a Easy step and replaced it with a Trick step. The Trick step is the better way to go. Mark is a great guy and will do what you want. I have 2 bad knees and had him custom make mine. I have 4 steps and they are 12" wide. Both were or are on 618PRO.

5. Member
    I had a Easy step and replaced it with a Trick step. The Trick step is the better way to go.

The Trick Step is a lot more sturdy and it doesn't get in the way if you have to make a sharp right turn. I have owned 3 Easy Steps, in fact I had one of the first ones sold. But its Trick Step from now on.
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

6. Member
    I bought the Easy Step before I learned about the Trick Step. I still have the Easy Steps on my trailer
    . The are a pain to put on a Phoenix trailer. The bow sits so far over the tongue of the trailer they have to be mounted at an angle. Pain in the butt to install. If I hadn't had the Easy Step on when I learned about the Trick Step, I would have bought the Trick Step. Having said that once they are on they seem to be a good step. 55 years old fish a lot by myself best $400. dollars I spent in a long time. Makes loading and unloading a lot easier.

Trick step. One of my better investments in "me". Very well made.

I have Easy Step but bought a Trick Step and very happy I made the switch. I would let the Easy Step go cheap if anyone is interested.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks guys for the props on our Trick Step, we take a lot of pride in our work and try our best to give you the best product available. What started as just myself is growing faster than I ever imagined and it's because of customers like You. The customers I hear from telling me they wish this was available years ago, they can't believe how much better their boating experience is , lets us know were doing the right thing. We've got plenty on the shelf, let us know if we can help you out. www.trickstep.com

10. Member
    I put a Trick Step on, and all I can say is, "Why did I wait so long". It's one of those things you don't know you need until after you get one. I also have a Trick Mount and the quality of both are second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassinracer View Post
    Thanks guys for the props on our Trick Step, we take a lot of pride in our work and try our best to give you the best product available. What started as just myself is growing faster than I ever imagined and it's because of customers like You. The customers I hear from telling me they wish this was available years ago, they can't believe how much better their boating experience is , lets us know were doing the right thing. We've got plenty on the shelf, let us know if we can help you out. www.trickstep.com
    Im still waiting on you to build a Trick Step for my BassTracker 170. Do you have it in the foreseeable future?

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by nikldac View Post
    Im still waiting on you to build a Trick Step for my BassTracker 170. Do you have it in the foreseeable future?
    I've got one Ernie, it's actually the step for 21 FOOT Skeeter, it has a 90 degree winch post which is what your Tracker has, you will need to relocate your spare tire but that step works great on that boat. I just signed up a Tracker dealer here in Indiana, put one on one of their show room boats yesterday.

I've got one Ernie, it's actually the step for 21 FOOT Skeeter, it has a 90 degree winch post which is what your Tracker has, you will need to relocate your spare tire but that step works great on that boat. I just signed up a Tracker dealer here in Indiana, put one on one of their show room boats yesterday.
    Great, give me a call tomorrow for pymt info. Do you still have my "shipping address"? That Tracker is much harder to get in and out of than the Phoenix. Wife wants me to buy a deck boat.... If I get one and need a Trick Step on it....I want a volume discount. LOL.

14. Member
    My review on the Trick Step it is awesome! I put mine on my new boat the day after I got it. I bet I have been up and down that step 100 times loading all my stuff in the boat etc. My wife was the reason I bought it. When we were looking at new boats I would say get up in here and she would say no. We got in the truck and she informed me she felt self conscious about getting in and out. She is a good sport and loves to go with me but she felt embarrassed trying to get in and out at a delearship or at the lake at times. I guess sometimes us guys think it second nature to jump in and out. She loves it and uses it all the time we have been out camping. Guys do yourself a favor and give this thing a try. Does not get in the way nikldac showed us that in a earlier thread and I can back it up. Looks like it does from the side shots but does not even begin to get in the way towing or backing on the 721.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

Hey Mark,

Thought you would want to see these:

Works good on the Bass Tracker as well as the Phoenix. We have a night tournament this Saturday on a small hp lake. I'm sure some of our guys will be giving the Trick step a serious going over. If you want these pics for your page; let me know and I'll email them to you.

Regards,

Ernie

16. Member
    Any issues at all on sharp turns with the trick step?
    Thanks

17. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetail19 View Post
    Thanks
    not at all and i was worried about that. Best option i put on my boat. That thing rocks!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

18. Member
    Thanks
    I have one on a 2018 Phoenix 919 I tow with a lifted Tundra and cannot clearly see the trailer with the boat off, this year I had to make a very sharp turn almost a 90 and I dented the corner of my bumper. So to fix this I purchased a 6 inch hitch drawbar extension and no further issues. I can turn the truck to trailer a full 90 degrees with lots of clearance. It was a very strange ramp so not something I have seen before. I would not get rid of my Trick Step for anything they are solid.
    This is the extension I use.

Blue Ox BX88265 6" Receiver Extension
    Risen From The Ashes!!

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks
    It depends on the boat, the 20 and 21 footer's are on the same trailer, the difference is the winch post on the 21 footer's is moved forward about 9 inches on the trailer moving the step up the trailer 9 inches over the others. I have a 21 PHX and fixed the issue just buying a draw bar for my hitch that was 2 inches longer than the one I had. www.etrailer.com has them at all different lengths and drops at really good prices. Get in touch with us if you have any other concerns, Thanks, Mark www.trickstep.com

20. Member
    Love my trick step! Don’t regret the purchase one bit. Never seen an easy step so I can’t comment.
    2011 721
    2021 250 Mercury 4S, Fury 24

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast