How hard/expensive is it to make 4 Bunk boards.

I can order factory made ones straight from basscat for $240 shipped. Or can I save alot and make my own?

You can probably make them for less than $100. I just redid the side rails on mine. It's not hard. The trickiest part is folding and stapling the ends. But you'll need a place to off load the boat while you do it. If you buy them that's a 10 minute job at the ramp. I guess if u can get the measurements with the boat on the trailer you can make them ahead of time and still do he swap at the lake.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

that's what I did pre made and ready, did at the lake, while let Uncle go fish with boat. I used Thompson's waterseal painted the boards also, make em last longer, Longest SS Steel staples , that would fit in stapler, and a hammer to tap each to the hilt, be sure to leave at least 1" gap of carpet at very bottom of Bunks for water drainage. good to go! I redone the fender well panels at same time ahead also.

4. Member
    Just built new bunks for my trailer. Carpet, Wood and hardware came to $120. Pre built them at home, measure 3 times, cut drill once. Went down to a local lake that gets little traffic. Dumped boat in and tied her up. Removed old bunks and installed new ones in about 25 min. Pro Tip: loosen all hardware on bunks at home. I had to put a cut off wheel on my grinder since a few nuts were rusted to bolt. Made removal at ramp a breeze.
    Last edited by Idaho Sandman; 05-14-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Basscat bunks are not standard bunks that are easily made by carpeting a 2x4 or 2x6. BCB bunk boards are tapered. You can make them yourself if you have the right tools. They are not that hard. I would make them myself.

See post number 12:
    http://basscatowners.yuku.com/reply/...s#.WRisLIj1CCg

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    an advantage to making your own is you can find dried Cyprus wood it is quite nice. One guy posted it is sold somewhere in metro ATL. I got mine north of Gainesville
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

7. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Basscat bunks are not standard bunks that are easily made by carpeting a 2x4 or 2x6. BCB bunk boards are tapered. You can make them yourself if you have the right tools. They are not that hard. I would make them myself.

See post number 12:
    http://basscatowners.yuku.com/reply/...s#.WRisLIj1CCg
    This_^
    BCB bunks are custom cut.

8. Member
    Last year I had gatorbak installed on new treated bunks at dealer in Cincinnati while I waited. Whole job was about $350 and eliminated any possible gelcoat blistering. Looks sharp and no more worn carpet to look at.