201 SC Cobra 12' Atlas Jack Plate!

I have posted here before about my 201SC when I was looking to install a new jack plate asking what size was best. I went with the 12" Atlas and it was excellent, however two weeks later I learned the stringers in the boat are rotten form water infiltration and must be replaced, I only used the plate for less than 8 hours on the boat. I have the plate listed for sale on the Dallas Texas Craigslist https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/boa/6124124984.html if anyone is interested in it for their Cobra it really works great on the hull. My son and I have owned several Cobras and I will restore this one back to better than new, would not hesitate to use a 12" plate again, just need the money to make the repairs right now.
    Last edited by smithwind; 05-13-2017 at 10:34 AM.

How much?

3. Member
    I had it on for 975.00 but I think it is sold as of about 10 min. ago. Guy hasn't picked it up but says he is on the way. Great deal as I had 1500.00 in it.

4. Member
    How did you find out that your stringers were rotten?
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.

5. Member
    I found out about the problems when I had a trailering accident that seemed to be very little damage and took it to a fiberglass shop for an estimate and to have it checked out. They found a soft spot in the floor that I had not noticed and check the transom and found it was saturated with water and rotten. My boat look like new and I never worried about it having any problems like these, it was a real surprise to me. I brought it home and cut out part of the floor to inspect and found that all the foam I could see was saturated and so far ever where I cut away the floor it is bad and the transom is bad. In addition my boat has stickers on the transom that said "coousa" so I assumed the boat was one of the ones made without plywood but that was not the case there was only a small amount of composite material used in a few places but for the most part it is plywood. I am going to rebuild it using all composite materials as I have owned many brands of boats, Champion, Skeeter, Triton, Charger, and even an old Glastron and nothing rides like a Cobra. I will likely post some photos of the project in the restoration forum when I get further into the process the next couple of months, I built a new boat shed building to do the work in and I am just about ready to start the tear down and rebuild.

6. Member
    Good luck with the build. Please share and post as much as you can on the process. My boat doesn't need it yet, but I'm already planning for the full restore when I get there.

7. Member
    Thank you. I moved the location of one of my transducers and the wood inside wasn't wet...but it wasn't exactly dry either. I'm concerned now. Please keep us updated on the project.
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.