Thread: Moving to FL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Definitely butler chain. Big houses and nice lakes. Tiger woods and Shaq live there

Gotta agree with Butler Chain. Beautiful homes surround the many lakes in the chain. Lots of homes with the square footage that you are looking for.Good fishing also!

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsticks View Post
    Man if you think it is different than 10 years ago try 40.
    Not the same place but still would not trade it for anywhere else.
    If it gets too hot in the summer just crack a cold one and make a run.
    Trust me I know. I graduated from highschool in 89 and have been fishing tx since grade school in the early 80's. I remember being on lake George when there were only a few boats fishing the whole damn lake. Now its a jacked up mess with more people from out of town then people that live here. What I don't get is half seem to be from KY. One guy , who was from KY last spring cranked up his motor and drove 3/4 mile down the bank and said I recognize your boat you fish a lot tx's here. Then he says man there are a lot of fish here. I haven't been this far down the bank and starts fishing right next to me. All I was just trying to do was mark fish for the next day. What a jack ass, then he says oh I stay down here during the spring every year, been doing it for the last 7 or 8 years. I was nice but wanted to say keep your ass away from me, act like you never saw me. Needless to say marking fish with him watching made it useless. Some bitches wont go into Rodman, afraid of getting a scratch on their boat.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 06-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Trust me I know. I graduated from highschool in 89 and have been fishing tx since grade school in the early 80's. I remember being on lake George when there were only a few boats fishing the whole damn lake. Now its a jacked up mess with more people from out of town then people that live here. What I don't get is half seem to be from KY. One guy , who was from KY last spring cranked up his motor and drove 3/4 mile down the bank and said I recognize your boat you fish a lot tx's here. Then he says man there are a lot of fish here. I haven't been this far down the bank and starts fishing right next to me. All I was just trying to do was mark fish for the next day. What a jack ass, then he says oh I stay down here during the spring every year, been doing it for the last 7 or 8 years. I was nice but wanted to say keep your ass away from me, act like you never saw me. Needless to say marking fish with him watching made it useless. Some bitches wont go into Rodman, afraid of getting a scratch on their boat.
    Try fishing the Stick Marsh during the snowbird season, when they show up, I quit going there.

My wife keeps trying to talk me into moving to Florida when we retire. She grew up in Gulf Breeze and would like to get back a little closer to home. I always spend a couple of weeks down there every year fishing around the middle part of the state but that's in the spring and not in July and August. I dont think I'm coming. It's too darn hot in the summer plus I like to see the seasons change. I think I'm going buy a cheap place up north for the summers and give the smallmouth hell for a few years.

The OP must be from the NC mountains if he's getting that much snow, LOL. We've got a place in Kissimmee that is about 10 minutes form the ramp on Big Toho and I'd recommend you go at least an hour south of there. My parents are some of the, apparently, hated Kentuckians that spend the winter in FL and they stay in the Sebring area. That was much nicer IMO. To be honest, I really dislike the area our place is in. Very crowded and Disney draws million of tourists. Getting around is a total pain. And my neighbors suck! My recommendation is to rent something for 6-12 months and explore the area. That way you don't get stuck in an area you don't like.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    Pm sent

Been in Florida since 1998. Moved from Ocala, to Crystal River, to New Smyrna Beach, to Clermont, to Dunnellon, to Weirsdale. I wish I never moved there. It is basically a place where people move to die. The weather is good from November to March. The rest sucks--TOO HOT!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Been in Florida since 1998. Moved from Ocala, to Crystal River, to New Smyrna Beach, to Clermont, to Dunnellon, to Weirsdale. I wish I never moved there. It is basically a place where people move to die. The weather is good from November to March. The rest sucks--TOO HOT!!!
    Then go home and enjoy the snow.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Then go home and enjoy the snow.

Winter is good in Florida--Michigan is good in the Summer!

12. Banned
    Winter is good in Florida--Michigan is good in the Summer!
    Its the opposite, too many damn transplants/snowbirds November through March.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 06-15-2017 at 12:36 PM.

graduated HS in 89 also, i remember we used to drag race on the sawgrass before it was completed. did 110 in a 71 lincoln mk 3. thing was a tank. so much open spaces back then. when i was in middle school was with the jr southern bass anglers. 10 ft jon with a 25 hp merc
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

The Weather--

Fish where the Snowbirds don't want to go!!

15. Tony C
    Good luck with the move.
    Last edited by Tonyc; 07-01-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

The Gator "Thread of the Year"...LOL

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

17. Banned
    The Weather--

Fish where the Snowbirds don't want to go!!
    That's an ox-moron statement, I would if If could but they are like gnats or no-see-ums. Once they find you and see a "bent rod fishing pattern" its like on oncoming of the plague. Last year I was on a body of water looking for a tx and I was in an area just because I had cell phone service, so I stopped and talked to my wife. While there I just threw a worm for the hell of it. Three boats came by, one from KY, two from OH. Mind you I was there just to talk to my wife because its one of the few places I get service on the lake. So they preceded to ask, "Catch anything"? I say nay just a few, As I was curious to see what they would do. Damn if they didn't sit down 25 yards from me. I finally got off the phone and left knowing I didn't catch a thing there (primarily because I didn't even fish). Went on down the lake a few miles, marked some fish and headed back down the lake. I passed the area that I had talked to my wife earlier and gave her a quick call again. Well, low and behold an hour and half later I look up and see those same three boats still there. Asked if they caught anything and they said hadn't seen a strike much less a fish. I thought thank god I wasn't fishing here tomorrow or they would have beat it to death. I'm pretty sure they were just "riding" the lake looking for boats.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 07-13-2017 at 01:19 PM.

I have fished a lot of lake where Snowbirds won't go!!
    I am not going to name them--But they are there--Too many Stumps,-Too Shallow--Etc...

You are not going to like the heat and humidity in the summer. I just sold a 7000 Sq. Ft. on the Withlacoochee River in Dunnellon. I was thinking about moving to Kentucky or Tennessee
    One of my favorite places to fish! My In-Laws lived at Spruce Creek Golf and Country Club. Dunnellon was always close by as was the River. Caught my only two 10 lb'rs there 15 minutes apart. I go when I can.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsticks View Post
    Man if you think it is different than 10 years ago try 40.
    Not the same place but still would not trade it for anywhere else.
    If it gets too hot in the summer just crack a cold one and make a run.
    Amen to that. I have been a hardcore Florida angler since 1970 when I was 15 years old growing up in Gainesville. A lot has changed most for the worse but some for the better. I catch a lot more fish these days but a lot of the big double digit fish have disappeared. The pressure on them in the spring is enormous.

I still enjoy Florida Fishing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12