Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Helium 3 hev in 7.3 is sold out right now on kistler web site
    Like OP posted--it is available from Tackle Warehouse

I have used both.... IMO dobyns is superior. the balance is better, sensitivity a wash imo, and customer service favors dobyns by a mile.. both good rods, as stated kistler made in america. dobyns is not, but it is an american based, mom and pop style operation and you can't beat calling with questions or prolbems and talking to the owner or his son richard

3. Member
    I had helium 2 for a little while. It was the most unabalanced, unsensitive rod I have ever used. I got it on clearance, really cheap thinking it was a good rod. I sold it shortly there after. Maybe the He3 are better, but I won't buy another. I have many Dobyns, and they are all well balanced, and sensitive. I'll stick with them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I had helium 2 for a little while. It was the most unabalanced, unsensitive rod I have ever used. I got it on clearance, really cheap thinking it was a good rod. I sold it shortly there after. Maybe the He3 are better, but I won't buy another. I have many Dobyns, and they are all well balanced, and sensitive. I'll stick with them.
    Completely different rods. Original Helium was built on Shikari blanks, version 2 was some cheap unknown garbage, Helium 3 NFC bare bones - clean build. Great rods. Every Dobyns I've owned, the blank felt so dead I had to revert them to moving bait rods, and I only need so many of those.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12