Banned

Engine diagnostic readout to garmin?

Can you get mercury engine diagnostics info like is sent to a merc monitor sent to a garmin unit, and if so which models?

2. Banned
    You can, but I think you need a level 2 or higher smart craft with NMEA2K out. Then you'll need an N2K network to connect it to your Garmin.

I did the Merc Engine Interface Module route which has N2K output. Connected that way. Works great, so long as you have a newer Merc.

3. Member
    I have a 3 years old Etec and a Garmin 7610XSV and NEMA2000 network. You don't get diagnostics but you get all the engine data, that is hours, rpm, engine temp, water pressure, fuel consumption etc:

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    I have a 3 years old Etec and a Garmin 7610XSV and NEMA2000 network. You don't get diagnostics but you get all the engine data, that is hours, rpm, engine temp, water pressure, fuel consumption etc:
    Thats all I'm wanting is the engine data, mines a 2007 optimax, can I do it via NMEA2000 without a merc monitor? Wanting a readout to a echomap73SV.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Thats all I'm wanting is the engine data, mines a 2007 optimax, can I do it via NMEA2000 without a merc monitor? Wanting a readout to a echomap73SV.
    I might be wrong, but I don't think the 73sv has N2K capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I might be wrong, but I don't think the 73sv has N2K capability.
    echoMAP CHIRP models do have NMEA 2000 networking, nonCHIRP models do not.
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Banned
    Its a CHIRP model

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    can I do it via NMEA2000 without a merc monitor
    Nope, you must have the merc monitor or a gateway module and of course depends on if you motor can send the info...Don or Savage on the Merc boar can tell you if motor is compatiable and exactly what is needed but can not be a direct connection.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Nope, you must have the merc monitor or a gateway module and of course depends on if you motor can send the info...Don or Savage on the Merc boar can tell you if motor is compatiable and exactly what is needed but can not be a direct connection.
    Exactly. I forget which year Merc started using the interface port. But, either way, a level 2 MercMonitor w/ N2K network or a Engine Interface Module w/ a N2K network would be needed. The interface module is the cheaper of the two solutions since you can find them on Ebay for around $360 while a level 2 mercmonitor with harness kit will set you back $600+. Then whatever the cost is for a N2K starter kit.