Installing Seats

I had the seats on my 2004 tr21x recovered. I did not take them out so I am lost how to put the back. I have no problem with the bucket but lost on fastening the back to the boat.. The bucket has a plate that bolts the bottom own plus the 3 screws under seat.

Ho doe he back hook to the bolt I know the two screws between the seams. There has t be more then that. is there a video any place that shows how to install them.

On my 2001....there is 2 large screws that one goes in each side of the center pad. to the back mount area of the seat tray pan. You should be able to see the holes in the pan, if your seats are still like mine. I am not sure the year Triton upgraded seat design. Mine also has a metal flat hook that slides into the back of the seat pan slot then ya screw the 2 into the sides of the middle pad.

3. Member
    Make sure you don't put the screws in the seat too low or you might go into the gas tank. Mine had two self drilling hex bolts placed high into the tank area.

4. Member
    Mine just had the to on the sides of the center and the small angle in front of the seat .pretty generic but it is what it is. Looks like they had mine in and out a few times during the build was several holes in the back.

5. Member
    I had to replace the two screws on the passenger side because they broke. The dealer said he's never had that happen before so when the two behind the drivers seat broke I just fixed them myself. Also fixed the gas vent hose while I had the seat loose and changed the hole location on the panel between the seat so you could remove it without messing with the seat.

Link to video below. I'm concerned about your description for the bucket mounting. I think you should have a big aluminum L bracket that essentially connects the bottom of the seat to the back rest, so that, they are 1 piece. Then, you take this assembly and sit it down on the bench and screw in the screws at the bottom/front of seat and then the 2 screws in the backrest. The 2 screws through the backrest are an extreme pain to install.

7. Member
    I have min out right now being reupholstered (01 TR21) and I don't have any screws through the seat back. I have the big aluminum bracket that the seat slides down into and the three screws in the front of the seat that hold it down. I think there was one screw in the back of each seat back but both had broken off. How can I fasten the back? Just put a screw in the seam somewhere not noticeable? What length will not go into the gas tank?

jason

Quote Originally Posted by cantcatch5 View Post
    I have min out right now being reupholstered (01 TR21) and I don't have any screws through the seat back. I have the big aluminum bracket that the seat slides down into and the three screws in the front of the seat that hold it down. I think there was one screw in the back of each seat back but both had broken off. How can I fasten the back? Just put a screw in the seam somewhere not noticeable? What length will not go into the gas tank?

jason
    I would remove the entire seat pan while your seats are out. You can then inspect to see what happened to the backrest bolts. Plus, you can secure your seats to the seat pan and then drop the whole thing in place after you are done. This will help you keep from screwing/drilling into your gas tank accidentally.