Banned

Transducer cable for the new Terrova

Ok it seems that the new Terrova you can't run the cable up the shaft like the older models. The groove is not as deep and the new lift assit mechanism is in the way. I dont want to wrap the cable around the shaft. Not sure if that will even work because of the new lift assit.
    Now the only thing that will work is the Cable guard by precision sonar. for $120. Any other ideas

Thanks

The Cable guard by Precison would be a problem for me. I would have to "de-weed" every 5 feet... I'm still using the old Terrova for this very reason.... My only suggestion is to remove lift assist and have a machine shop make the groove deeper. Obviously that will void the shaft warranty but would be worth it to me.

3. Member

4. Banned
    Cannot do it that way with the new lift mechanism that rides up and down the shaft. Minn kota works with Humminbird. You would think they know that guys put an external transducer for the sonar part. The lift assit is nice. Precision sonar cable guard might be the only way. You would think Minn Kota would design some kind of adapter For people who do put external transducers.
    The lift asset can be removed. But that feature works nice. Interesting that New revised Terrova only has that feature.

5. Banned
    any other ideas out there?

6. Banned
    When I get home I'll take pictures of mine and post them, but essentially I followed the instructions in the manual for routing the cable. Zip tie just above the motor head, enough slack for it to turn and then another ziptie at the top above the adjusting bracket and then routed through the flex cable to the head unit.

7. Member

8. Member
    pay me back by telling me how well what you use works.

9. Member
    remember that the mega xducer cable is thicker. no longer fits in terrova shaft slot and also no longer fits in most air hose sizes.

10. Banned
    Thank you "joebassletter" for sharing all that info.
    But this issue is brand new to this matter. Different setup on the machine.
    My best option right now would be the cable guard. Little pricey but I don't see anything out there that comes close to their idea.
    https://youtu.be/ICaDnDLmGnY

11. Member
    right, the easiest option is EITHER the Cable Save'r from cornfield crappie or the cable guard from precision... basically the same product.
    But many of the other solutions are not in any way invalid, though not as ready out-of-the-box, would still technically work. :)

12. Banned
    Cornfield makes them for Precision. I think cornfield is cheaper on price.

13. Banned
    Same price. Hmm I thought Precision makes there own.