921 PHX / Pro XP

About to pull the trigger on a 921. But Im really on the fence about the 2 options (PHX/ProXP). I like both and both have good/bad features.

Let me hear some of your guys's pro/cons on each. I see a lot more Pro XP's out there on the water, not sure if that's telling me something!

Just came out with the phx so that's why you see more pro xps. Even though all of them were "pro xp's". I like the big center compartment and the smaller day box myself.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

3. Member
    I would go climb in and around both and see which you like better. I personally like the two center storage boxes. The big single box felt like I would have to lay down on my rods to reach the back of the box from the cooler area.

I agree with all what kry29 said. Go climb in them and see. I just went though this. For me and the way I do my tackle I prefer the proXP. Your just gonna have to make this call yourself. Lol.
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 ProXS
    www.arduckblinds.com
    www.horizontrikes.com

5. Member
    its all personal preference but i like the pro xp better. I do not like the big box in the middle at all.

6. Member
    I like the bigger consoles in the PHX but I like the tackle storage in the ProXP. I like being able to sit on step and reach all of my tackle but as said before its personal preference. I hear the PHX is suppose to have a little better ride and the strakes are taken all the way to the wings to keep more water off of you. I would think the PHX will resale a little better because it is the newest thing.

7. Member
    Their is a Pro XP 2017 for sale brand new at a dealer in Tennessee for 62,000 great deal for sure. I think fun&sun has a 2016 new Pro XP for 67,000

8. Member
    I have a phx love ride and storage!

9. Member
    Local store owner had his PHX at the store today and damn! That this is huge! The rear deck is massive and so it's the front. The consoles will hold any graph you want and the storage is sick! He had a G2 put on it and it is a gorgeous combo. Like already said, the Pro XP has been around for years and the PHX is the newest boat Phoenix makes.

10. Member
    I have the PHX. Ride is great. I know this is going to come across like one of those BS boat ride stories but anyway...
    I had it on Dale Hollow tuesday before last in heavy winds and whitecaps. Roughest I've ever seen that lake. In the really big stuff (I know it's not Erie) it's like everything else you have to slow down. In 2ft whitecaps you can hammer down comfortably though. That's where it really shines. I'd bet the XP is 1-2 mph faster as a guess. I'm still dialing everything in but have seen 71.8 mph with 30 gal fuel, 2 people, and a full load. I'd agree it's hard to get to the front of the center storage but I never put anything up there. You could have boxes stacked vertically 2 deep in that compartment. There is no need. I'd see it as a good place for lighter items you don't get to that much. Rain gear, maybe line...
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 05-12-2017 at 12:46 PM.

11. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I have a 2016 xp and prefer that due to layout of boxes, among other things,
    Here's a vid walk-thru on phx
    Both boats are winners. Personal preference.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    Local store owner had his PHX at the store today and damn! That this is huge! The rear deck is massive and so it's the front. The consoles will hold any graph you want and the storage is sick! He had a G2 put on it and it is a gorgeous combo. Like already said, the Pro XP has been around for years and the PHX is the newest boat Phoenix makes.
    PHX with a G2 would be a sick combo for sure

13. Member
    Had my PHX out yesterday with Verado 24p Fury 4 ran 71.5. Gunna rip with a 3 blade!!!

I think Im going to go with the PHX. Im not in my center box/boxes as much during the day. Only when rigging. Plus I love the day box, Ive had that in my Skeeter's for the past 10 years!

Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    I think Im going to go with the PHX. Im not in my center box/boxes as much during the day. Only when rigging. Plus I love the day box, Ive had that in my Skeeter's for the past 10 years!
    You can't go wrong with either choice. Good Luck and congrats on new boat

Welcome to the family

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post

Welcome to the family
    +1

18. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post

Welcome to the family

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    Another Skeeter defector! You won't look back, believe me!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    I have the PHX. Ride is great. I know this is going to come across like one of those BS boat ride stories but anyway...
    I had it on Dale Hollow tuesday before last in heavy winds and whitecaps. Roughest I've ever seen that lake. In the really big stuff (I know it's not Erie) it's like everything else you have to slow down. In 2ft whitecaps you can hammer down comfortably though. That's where it really shines. I'd bet the XP is 1-2 mph faster as a guess. I'm still dialing everything in but have seen 71.8 mph with 30 gal fuel, 2 people, and a full load. I'd agree it's hard to get to the front of the center storage but I never put anything up there. You could have boxes stacked vertically 2 deep in that compartment. There is no need. I'd see it as a good place for lighter items you don't get to that much. Rain gear, maybe line...
    i agree, recently purchased a PHX and I use the front tray area in the main compartment for all my spools of line. A few other items that I don't need unless I am the house rigging up. That single compartment is massive, I thought I had a good amount of tackle with more on my wall, after organizing this beast, I feel like I dont have anything haha!! Love the boat so far. No complaints. Rides like a Cadillac in rough water.
    2017 PHOENIX 921 PHX / MERC 250 PRO XS- BLACK AND PURPLE
    2-HDS 12'S @ CONSOLE
    2-HDS 9'S @ BOW
    DUAL 8' PP'S
    MINN KOTA ULTREX