For those of us that have less than dry storage, I have found a container that will keep things dry and rodent proof. Several weeks ago I pulled my boat out and gave it a good washing and cleaning. I left all of the compartments open to dry and air out. the boat was outside like this for several hours while I did other things. Right before dark I closed everything up and put the boat back into the garage. The next day my son and I were in the garage working when we heard a thumping coming from inside the boat. It was most likely a squirrel based on the size of the pile of poop it left in the rod box. We never saw the varmint that got into the boat but the damage it had done was enough to make me sick. The damage to the boat was just the wire going to the trim gauge and poop and pee everywhere. The worst was the bastard made a nest out of my Gore-Tex. It chewed through the parka where the hood meets the shoulders and the left sleeve. The bibs got the butt chewed out and some holes in the legs. It also made Swiss cheese out of an Under Armor sweat shirt I had in there. $500 worth of Cabela's Guide Wear shot.

https://www.chewy.com/gamma2-vittles...food/dp/101382

We use larger versions of this for our dogs' food and I though if I could get one of these in a compartment on the boat, the rat bastard would never chew my rain gear again. The one I used is 12"x12"x9 3/4" high and fits very well in my rear compartments. I only got one to see if it would fit, I will be ordering another for the other side.