Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New update + maps

Just updated an echomap 95sv, non-CHIRP. Updated the software first. I heard that the map was going to have to run off the card. Inserted the card, option came up to update built-in mapping. I ran that. Was a little worried, it took about 30 minutes but it updated and now seems to work without the card in there. Pleasantly surprised and the maps, especially zoomed out, are much nicer compared to 2015.0. Thanks Garmin!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikantski View Post
    Just updated an echomap 95sv, non-CHIRP. Updated the software first. I heard that the map was going to have to run off the card. Inserted the card, option came up to update built-in mapping. I ran that. Was a little worried, it took about 30 minutes but it updated and now seems to work without the card in there. Pleasantly surprised and the maps, especially zoomed out, are much nicer compared to 2015.0. Thanks Garmin!
    Are you sure you have 2017 mapping, or was the update to the 2016 version instead?
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Banned
    I can't even download the updated maps. Garmin Express doesn't show an update for my US Lakevu maps.

This shit is so frustrating. Honestly, I don't even know if I want to update the software yet. Think I'll wait until after my BFL next week. My luck it'll brick my 7600 units.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I can't even download the updated maps. Garmin Express doesn't show an update for my US Lakevu maps.

This shit is so frustrating. Honestly, I don't even know if I want to update the software yet. Think I'll wait until after my BFL next week. My luck it'll brick my 7600 units.
    I understand the frustration but I downloaded and update the software on my 7610 without a hitch. Waiting for map 2017 though.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Are you sure you have 2017 mapping, or was the update to the 2016 version instead?
    100% sure. I just started it up with the micro SD card out of the unit. Software version said 4.10. LakeVu version said 2017.01. Then I went to fishing charts and zoomed in on Cabonga reservoir which was just added in 2017 and was looking at 1 foot contours.

6. Member
    100% sure. I just started it up with the micro SD card out of the unit. Software version said 4.10. LakeVu version said 2017.01. Then I went to fishing charts and zoomed in on Cabonga reservoir which was just added in 2017 and was looking at 1 foot contours.
    I'm thinking that the card limit perhaps only applies to US, the 95sv is the Canada version.

I'm thinking that the card limit perhaps only applies to US, the 95sv is the Canada version.
    Yes, originally I didn't notice that you were referring to a 95.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Is the new 17 map a free upgrade? I only have a $59.00 option on my 93 sv

Quote Originally Posted by procraftmark View Post
    Is the new 17 map a free upgrade? I only have a $59.00 option on my 93 sv
    New Chart Guarantee
    When you purchase a new preloaded fixed-mount chartplotter, preprogrammed BlueChart® or preprogrammed LakeVü™ microSD™/SD™ card, you’re entitled to 1 free update¹ of the newest version of charts. Visit Marine Map Updates to get started. Updated charts will be for the same (or equivalent²) region as the original purchase.

Discounted Card Update Program
    If you have preprogrammed BlueChart or LakeVü microSD/SD cards, you can update your cards for a discounted price³. You can download the updates, or you can visit a participating Garmin dealer to purchase the update on a data card. Updated charts will be for the same (or equivalent²) region as the original purchase.

¹Limit 1 free update per device or card. New Chart Guarantee valid within 12 months of purchase.

²Equivalent region to be determined at the sole discretion of Garmin. Customer will have an opportunity to view available coverage before purchasing and/or updating.

³Limit 1 discounted update, per card, per map version.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    Todd i have a question - literally a couple of days ago i purchased for $199+tax the 2017 LV-Ultra download. I guess it was version 2017.0. Now they show a 2017.1 available at the discounted price of $100. lol. 2 days and i am already behind and will cost me $100 to catch up. Who at Garmin could i talk to about possibly waiving the $100 for the .1 update or am i just screwed? I would have just waited a day or two and grabbed the .1 for my $199 had i known - i dunno it just feels wrong.

thx,
    Ted
    --------------
    97 Charger 186TF, 96 Johnny 150 Fast Strike, 23 Renegade

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Martin View Post
    Todd i have a question - literally a couple of days ago i purchased for $199+tax the 2017 LV-Ultra download. I guess it was version 2017.0. Now they show a 2017.1 available at the discounted price of $100. lol. 2 days and i am already behind and will cost me $100 to catch up. Who at Garmin could i talk to about possibly waiving the $100 for the .1 update or am i just screwed? I would have just waited a day or two and grabbed the .1 for my $199 had i known - i dunno it just feels wrong.

thx,
    Ted
    Ted, I was waiting for Todd to answer this but I think if you read the last post above yours, you are entitled to one free update of the card you just purchased. So I believe you could update to .1 at no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Martin View Post

thx,
    Ted
    As of May 10, the current mapping version for all forms of LakeVu mapping is 2017.01 (Express may display it as 2017.1). Prior to May 10, the Ultra card was version 2017.0. However, note that the only difference between 2017.0 and 2017.1 is that 2017.1 has depth contour labels on the Navigation Chart. With 2017.0, you have to scan the contours with the cursor to see the labels. Otherwise, the content is unchanged, with no differences at all relative to the Fishing Chart (which is what nearly all of us inland folks are always using).
    Garmin Pro Team

13. Member
    As of May 10, the current mapping version for all forms of LakeVu mapping is 2017.01 (Express may display it as 2017.1). Prior to May 10, the Ultra card was version 2017.0. However, note that the only difference between 2017.0 and 2017.1 is that 2017.1 has depth contour labels on the Navigation Chart. With 2017.0, you have to scan the contours with the cursor to see the labels. Otherwise, the content is unchanged, with no differences at all relative to the Fishing Chart (which is what nearly all of us inland folks are always using).
    good to know Todd, Thx
    --------------
    97 Charger 186TF, 96 Johnny 150 Fast Strike, 23 Renegade

14. Member
    Hey Todd,

Thanks for all your help in this thread so far. I was going to do my free update for my 73sv/dv units but decided to wait until the May new maps were released which was advised by a few people here. Express updated and it's showing this currently

Should it not show 2017.1 based on your comment? Or is 2017.1 only for the LV-Ultra maps? I'm pretty sure I'm okay just to do the 2017.0 but want to make sure before I commit my free update.

Thanks!
    1994 Ranger 482VS Bass Masters Classic Edition #51

15. Member
    That's the same message I got. Had the same question

16. Member
    Just upgraded my new to me 73sv software version 3.6 to 4.1.
    Took about 5 min. and worked fine - on boot up shows version as 4.1

Signed on to Garmin Express and used my 1 free map update to get
    the current version 2017. Took about 30 min. to get on a 32 gb sdhc card.
    Inserted card into my 73sv. When booting up, the card is not recognied - it still
    shows map version 2015-2016. Tried re-booting twice - same thing.

Should the unit automatically 'see' the card or is there a setting to tweak?

Thanks
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

17. Member
    RangerRic, I did my 93 yesterday. I first powered up the unit, then inserted the card. It didn't read it. I then inserted the card before powering the unit up. It shows version 2017.1 now. But, there's no settings to tweak I'm aware of. Mine worked fine

18. Member
    Thanks bukfevr.
    I tried 3x with the card already in before powering up, so, must be something I am missing.
    Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions?
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

19. Member
    Not sure what fixed it, but now when I go to the Express software it shows the 2017.1 version and I was able to put it on a pair of cards just fine. Both my bow/console units are reading the maps off the card with no problem.
    1994 Ranger 482VS Bass Masters Classic Edition #51

20. Member
    RangerRic, you're supposed to power on the unit, and then insert the card once you're at the home screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast