Battery/Setup Questions

I am in the process of having a boat custom built/rigged. I have looked around on this forum and others and havent really found a consensus. I think I want the AGM batteries.

I am getting a Minn Kota Ulterra 112 lb thrust 36 Volt with 72 inch shaft.

HB Helix Mega 10 SI

Minn Kota 3 bank charger.

Here are a couple of questions.

Which battery brand for AGM?
    I can get a duracell at Sams for $180 not sure of the warranty on those however Batteries Plus offers a 4 and 5 year warranty on their Duracells and X2 Power.

Also which battery should I run the Helix off of? One of the ones for the TM or the cranking, or a dedicated one?

The boat will have the TM batteries in the bow of the boat and of course the cranking in the stern. Boat is 25 feet long.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. Member
    I have Optima AGM. Solid and not that much more.
    Rule of thumb: Never use Troll Motor batteries to Run your electronics. Get you a Hi quality group 31 dual purpose battery and it will be more than ample to suit your needs.
    Some people do the 3 bank charger with 4 batteries, but I have a four bank charger and 4 batteries.

3. Member
    The Duracells are made by East Penn, maker of DEKA, which are good batteries. All accessories will run off cranking battery
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Specktackulure View Post
    I am in the process of having a boat custom built/rigged. I have looked around on this forum and others and havent really found a consensus. I think I want the AGM batteries.

I am getting a Minn Kota Ulterra 112 lb thrust 36 Volt with 72 inch shaft.

HB Helix Mega 10 SI

Minn Kota 3 bank charger.

Here are a couple of questions.

Which battery brand for AGM?
    I can get a duracell at Sams for $180 not sure of the warranty on those however Batteries Plus offers a 4 and 5 year warranty on their Duracells and X2 Power.

Also which battery should I run the Helix off of? One of the ones for the TM or the cranking, or a dedicated one?

The boat will have the TM batteries in the bow of the boat and of course the cranking in the stern. Boat is 25 feet long.

Thanks
    Jeff
    72" shaft.... WOA> that is off shore deep water length..
    Is this a bass boat? I have a 55" shaft motorguide on a 21' Triton... and its too long!!

Wiring.. NEVER run electronics off anything but a buse bar...

I use Wal-Mart EverStart batteries.... if you ever have a battery issue.. there is a Wal-Mart - open 24 hours - almost on every corner... after 40+ years of bass fishing,, this is the best route (for me)??... easy replacement!!