How often are you changing your spark plugs and water pumps?

I pulled mine and they look like new and motor runs great and water pressure hasn't dropped a bit. It's a 2014 BF 225. Yes, I know what the manual recommends but just curious about your thoughts....... anybody?

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Just depends on how proactive you want to be.neither one is going to cause any serious damage as long as you don't keep running the motor and overheat it.

I dont want to get to the lake and have a problem, Or miss a tournament becasue of such a simple thing. So I change mine every spring along with the oil, maybe ever two on the plugs.

I have had on bad plug on a six year old engine. It went from running fine one day, to no coming out of the hole the next trip. I would hate to miss a good day of fishing for a 2 dollar plug!!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 05-11-2017 at 10:43 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Just depends on how proactive you want to be.neither one is going to cause any serious damage as long as you donr keep running the motor and overheat it.

I dont want to get to the lake and have a problem, Or miss a tournament becasue of such a simple thing. So I change mine every spring along with the oil, maybe ever two on the plugs.

I have had on bad blug on a six year old engine. It went from running fineone day, to no coming out of the hole the next trip. I would hate to miss a good day of fishing for a 2 dollar plug!!
    Where are you buying your plugs?

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Parts store, It has in the manual which ones to use.
    NGK depednding on the year there is different numbers starting with a IRFR6F-11 to IZFR6K-11E, might be the same plug with just an updated part number

5. Member
    Let her run...do not buy anything unless needed. These are 100,000 thousand mile plugs in the car...lot of hours on an outboard. But sometimes thinks need replaced!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRay View Post
    Let her run...do not buy anything unless needed. These are 100,000 thousand mile plugs in the car...lot of hours on an outboard. But sometimes thinks need replaced!
    I can certainly do that!��

7. Member

USA

You can always carry an extra set of new spark plugs.

Or if you change yours every few years, hold on to a set ( if still running good ) of old plugs as spares.