Suggestions - Who Takes Custom Orders for Tube Baits?

I am looking for Suggestions of Companies (or individuals) that can do a Custom Order for Soft Plastic Tube Baits.

I had recently placed an order with a local company to me (whom I will not name) on 3/22/17 for a relatively basic color of Tube Bait. They told me it would take them 2-3 weeks because they were “busy” and that there was a trial and error process to match the color. Fine… Well it’s now May 10th so I’m going to look at other options. Glad I didn’t have to put anything down up front!

Not interested in injection molded baits. I am very partial the Hand Dipped Salted Tubes in a softer grade of plastic (similar stiffness to SK Perfect Plastics). Need to factor Shipping to Ontario as well (I know some places won’t ship here or will charge a 2nd mortgage to do so lol).

So if anyone is looking for a small project, or if you have any recommendations I’d greatly appreciate some info or suggestions, Thanks!

2. Member
    I've contacted a few places suggested to me in PM's but everyone is too busy with other orders etc so I am still looking.

I considered hand dipping for some on my own but an not overly confident in the videos / articles I've found about how to do so. So if anyone has any suggestions for helpful videos / instructionals / tools that would be appreciated!

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Contact Doc Irv. He is great and he is a board sponsor on here.

https://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/tube-baits-lures
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    I am all set to go now, thank you for the suggestions and PM's everyone!

Aric, who did u go with? Being in Ontario as well I'd be curious...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyAndrew View Post
    Aric, who did u go with? Being in Ontario as well I'd be curious...
    Myself! lol. I got some ideas to pour them myself so a buddy and I are just going to make them. This is really what I wanted to do anyways. Most everyone in Ontario is either too busy or couldn't be bothered. So DIY it is!

Right on, that's cool!! PM me some photos of how they turn out??

8. Member
    Right on, that's cool!! PM me some photos of how they turn out??
    I will do so for sure! Still in the infancy stages so to speak. Lot on my plate at the moment. Just bought a new van with our 4th on the way in Sept . Likely be a Fall / Winter project. Part of why I was looking for someone else to do them. But I can wait at this point.

4th on the way???!! maybe you should consider an alternate use for the tubes??? hahaha good luck look forward to seein them

10. Member
    4th on the way???!! maybe you should consider an alternate use for the tubes??? hahaha good luck look forward to seein them
    Ya I am just going to use a Smokey Silver bait for the time being. It will work, just not quite as well. The whole idea is to imitate the emerald shiners in the great lakes.

Don't worry, the joke wasn't lost on everybody....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Don't worry, the joke wasn't lost on everybody....
    Haha thanks

13. Member
    I got the joke too, just didn't respond to that part of it and kept to the topic.... On that note though, my buddy used to laugh at my old Terminator tubes made with the same latex plastic that's in Strike King 3x. He called them my jimmy hat tubes lol