Water in passenger side of boat.

Has anyone figured out where the water is coming from that appears down around the passenger side of the boat at his feet. Is it a livewell issue or something else. Sometimes notice it maybe when the livewells are full or after running across the lake. I have a 2002 zx225 dual console and it shows up down by the foot rest.

Re: Water in passenger side of boat. (CenterLine)

I think I'd be taking the boat to a dealer and figure out whats going on.

3. Member

Is water actually leaking out on that side? I've had a few partners tell me they feel water running right beneath them (like there's a hole in the hull and water is brushing through that area).... it concerns me from time to time but when I look at the hull... there's no holes to be found and no water leakage around the passenger seat/foot area.... i suppose a better understanding of the structure of the hull can easily answer our question...

How much water is it? If its only a few drops it may come from when you pull up the trolling motor. I have seen it on my boat run down the gunwale all the way to the console. I would think any water from the livewells would run towards the back of the boat.if you are running down the lake.

Maybe your boat rides so good that your partner cant contain himself .
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

5. Member

It's not much maybe 1/4 cup just looks like a wet spot about the size of your hand. I will take a pic the next time I see it for location identification. I am running a dual console and this is under it so I don't think it is coming from the trolling motor or over the side. The hull is solid and their does not appear to be any seperation around the top cap.

6. Member

Any chance its coming from your under the seat ice chest?? Mine does that every so often and thats where it comes from That and some times when I use the floor ice chest and the ice has melted it will slosh around enough in rough water to run out onto the carpet, also does this trailering sometimes.

I recently bought a 2002 SL180 that does the exact same thing in the exact same spot. I assumed it was just the result of splashing over the side or a spilled drink from my partner, but it kept re-occurring. I do generally end up with some water in the bilge, so I'm thinking these two issues have to be related. I have an otherwise spotless hull and no other obvious spots where water could be coming in. I'll have to dig into it one of these days, but my gut tells me it's a leak of some sort from the rear, passenger-side livewell. Probably plug it up from inside and out next trip, and see if it still happens.

Re: Water in passenger side of boat. (lindy)

Its true at times, especially with a load, the troll pull can lead to a stream of water back onto the floor...at least my ZX200 does this a few T's a year...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

9. Member

Same thing on my 03 zx225, some of the silicon was missing from underneath the black bumper that runs around the boat. Mine is also a dual and it happens in the same spot. I thought this might be the problem but i havent put any silicon back to know.

2003 ZX225
    2003 VMAX OX66

10. Member

Re: Water in passenger side of boat. (sktrss150)

I bet it is water in the glove box under the console. The glove box under it is for a single console. The water gets in there when it rains because there is no lid on it. Reach under there and feel inside it.

11. Larry

Re: Water in passenger side of boat. (teamskeetersteve)

I've got a 2005 ZX225 that does the same thing. Always has. I've just never worried about it it's just a little water so I just never thought much about it.

12. Member

It's coming from the bilge area. Any water from the coolers or livewell that drain in there comes out when you are running at high(er) speeds or in rough water from the wind entering the rear compartments. Nothing to worry about.