Garmin Echomap 73sv screen freezing

I've only used the unit 4 times and on at least two of the trips the screen will freeze (3 times on Sunday). It's mounted on the console so I have to flip my electric switch near the batteries to power off all electronics. I can then power it back up and it works again.

Bought it in February and I have tried to contact Garmin but they haven't gotten back to me. Anyone else having the same issue?
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Mercury Pro XS 150hp Four stroke
    Minn Kota Terrova 55 TM 12 volt
    Garmin Echomap 73sv on Console
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv on bow
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10

2. Member
    Yes. Mine worked great first 3 trips. Sunday it froze at least 3 times. Had to unhook it for 30 seconds and then it would work again. I'm really regretting buying garmin.

3. Member
    First thing they will want to know is your software version. Claims are that most of this has been resolved with the latest.

Yes, this has been discussed on several different threads in the last week or so on here. Please update to current 4.10, then report back regarding performance.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Thanks everyone. I checked and I'm on 3.80 right now. I'll upgrade and report back.
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10

6. Member
    Upgraded and no freezing so far!

Thanks everyone!
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10

7. Member
    I have a question regarding the same issue... I was just on the Garmin site and downloaded the latest software version to my SD card, and then when I went to install, it did not give me the "Start Upload" window that Garmin says should automatically pop-up. I tried several different avenues of finding a way to install from the menu, but nothing actually worked. Anyone else have this problem? I should also note that my Garmin has more than just the freezing issue. It also loses the entire left side when in Side-Vu. (It's all but gone now... it was an intermittent thing for awhile, but all the time now.)

8. Member
    Need to follow the instructions. Download/copy to your PC and then run the download. The download from garmin is an executable and by running it it will then unpack the file and put the all separate files on to your sd card in an a garmin folder. Then insert the sd card in your garmin. These are the files that will be uploaded to your garmin unit.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>