importing waypoints

I was importing my waypoints and could not get the GPX files working to import on my 942 as the files could not be found. I imported them into homeport and was able to export them out using an ADM file and that worked. However I lost the date stamp on the waypoint.

I was going to try again importing the waypoints via the GPX file but want to verify this before I waste a bunch of time. When importing the GPX files into a Garmin unit, will the date and time stamp still be maintained?

I am even re-exporting them with HB PC to a GPX file and the units are not recognizing the file on the SD card I am inserting.

thanks in adv.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiScott View Post
    I was importing my waypoints and could not get the GPX files working to import on my 942 as the files could not be found. I imported them into homeport and was able to export them out using an ADM file and that worked. However I lost the date stamp on the waypoint.

I was going to try again importing the waypoints via the GPX file but want to verify this before I waste a bunch of time. When importing the GPX files into a Garmin unit, will the date and time stamp still be maintained?

I am even re-exporting them with HB PC to a GPX file and the units are not recognizing the file on the SD card I am inserting.

thanks in adv.
    In the unit menu, you will see a selection regarding file type to import (either ADM or GPX). The default is ADM. Change to GPX and those files should show up.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Todd your a saint. Thanks again.

However I still don't have the date stamp of the waypoint to look up. The only thing I can think of is to rename the waypoints, all 200 of them by month and even that doesn't get me where I want to be as early may and late may are 2 different patterns.

The only thing I can see is modified date which is the date their imported. I assume there is no way to get the create date information to display when looking at a way point? I see that homeport keeps the create date correctly. Just doesn't display on the unit itself.
    Last edited by YamiScott; 05-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.

In your specific situation (importing GPX), current software does not store the creation time stamp after import into the MFD. This point will be considered with future updates.
    Garmin Pro Team