Performance Propeller 5 blade.

I was surfing the web and saw where Performance Props makes a 5 blade drag. I was wondering if any one had tried one on a Stroker. I have seen big 5 blades on the off shore rigs with tons of hp but nothing on a perf pad hull. Just curious how it might perform compared to the P3 and P4.
    I ran a Merc High 5 on a Ranger 393 years ago, lots of low end but nothing on top compared to what I was running at the time.

2. Member
    I asked the same question a few years ago and got no answer. I still want to know. And would like to know if it will carry the bow with a tourney load.

3. Member
    I guess I could call Tim at Performance and ask. Not looking to buy one at this point as I have several other props, just curious and figured one of the go fast guys might have tried one on a Stroker, Alli or Bullet.

4. Member
    Interested as well. I'd love a prop that would yank a slalom skier with ease and run 85 with a stock limiter

Mercury racing is making a new 5 blade for the 400R but it is insanely expensive, $5800. Check it out in the articles and news in Scream and Fly.

6. Member
    Man Mercury is out of there minds! A chunk of steel cost $5800.00. This prop is for the big money race teams that get sponsors donations.

Quote Originally Posted by NixaMan View Post
    Man Mercury is out of there minds! A chunk of steel cost $5800.00. This prop is for the big money race teams that get sponsors donations.
    That's cheap compared to a couple forged off shore racing props for the 1650 and up Merc Race motors

8. Member
    I spoke with Tim about this prop last week.. He says the 3 and 4 bld are the best choices

9. Member
    I guess that saves me a phone call as I seem to have both.