Just ordered xp180 need some advice

Hey guy first post, been reading for awhile and wanted some insight on some items.

just put in an order for xp180 w f90LB, 6" atlas and sportsman pkg, 3 batteries in the back.

first....saw some info from guys how low it may ride with all the weight on the back...your thoughts if it'll be ok or should look at moving TM batteries to the front to balance..

second.....new f90lb is basically a 115 block down to a 90....not sure about what prop I should be looking at, but heard OEM ones are not that impressive. Prefer hole shot to top speed. Also did get baystar hydraulic steering.

Third.....hydroturf. Buddy has it on his prodigy and I love it. Anyone have experience with installing it over the xtreme coat liner. Will it work?

fourth.....I've decide to paint outboard, xpress wouldn't but they did sell me paint and stencils to do my self...any suggestions

First boat and any any input/suggestion would be great! Thanks!

2. Member
    No love?????

3. Member
    Can't say much about any of it except just see how it reacts to your gear distribution before you start thinking about moving batteries.
    I have some seadek on a small part of my xpress on top of that bedliner type stuff. It is holding up well. I'd say just clean it really well and then put it on one spot and see how it holds up for a few trips. If it's holding up fine, then do the rest.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

4. Member
    Thanks... ya thought about a test patch with a good dose of glue underneath....

on the weight.... yep guess we'll see. That for your input. Still have 6 weeks more roughly from what dealer said of 8 weeks....

5. Member
    Mine took 12 weeks to come in so I would take that 8 weeks with a grain of salt.

6. Member
    Ouch...ya I'm prepared to wait to aug if I have to, just hopping alittle sooner...

7. Member
    I'm on week 14 waiting on mine..

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

8. Member
    there's always hope. my "8 week" build time for my H20B only took 3 weeks or so.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

9. Member
    I emailed Xpress prior to ordering and said 8-9 weeks for that hull. So we'll see, that'll put it around last week of June

Cancel order and get a H20B, I had a xp180 with 90. Very low in back and will beat you to death. 100% better ride in H20
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Pro High Jacker Z-Lock manual 6 in jackplate 4.5 prop to pad
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph
    MinnKota 80 Terrova I-Pilot US2 Bluetooth
    Lowrance HDS-7 Touch/Helix 5/GoFree Wifi/Ram mounting systems
    NOCO Gen 3 3 bank charger

SEMPER FI

11. Member
    I thought about an h18 but really going to be more up rivers and not on the open water too much, plus I need shallowest draft I could for the combo hunting/fishing boat. I researched for over a year, for the price point and the best I could get from a boat, think the the xp would do it for me. Can never get a boat that'll do everything but hopping this one will get me close.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnybegreg View Post
    Can never get a boat that'll do everything but hopping this one will get me close.
    I've always said that if 'such a boat existed' we'd all have one boat and everybody would own the same model. ............. Instead I own 1 bass boat, 1 duck boat/river boat, 2 Jackson fishing kayaks and access to 2 family owned saltwater boats (1 backwater boat and another for offshore) at the coast.

The XP's are dang nice boats. My HD16DBX is basically the same hull, just a smaller version, and it's a great built boat for river fishing and hunting. It does pretty good on the big lake on those days I think I need to hunt out there and it gets rough ....... but with that said, I've had a 16' hyperlift before too and I do notice a difference. That Hyperlift would cut through those waves and at a faster pace ...... but the draft was twice as much as the Hydrodynamic hull ...... and this HD16DBX (hydrodynamic hull) is a heavier boat than the 16' hyperlift I had.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

13. Member
    Just got the call. 6 weeks and 2 days. Unfortunately I'll be out of town until late June....