Helix 7 Chirp DI

Just got a new Helix 7. Should I set it to 455 khz or 800 khz? Played with it in the lake yesterday, but fish weren't easy to see or I haven't trained my eyes to spot them yet.
    Also, can I do screen shots on this unit?

Quote Originally Posted by buckjunkie View Post
    Just got a new Helix 7. Should I set it to 455 khz or 800 khz? Played with it in the lake yesterday, but fish weren't easy to see or I haven't trained my eyes to spot them yet.
    Also, can I do screen shots on this unit?
    455 kHz will have the most left to right coverage.

Screen shots are done with a microSD card in the unit and push/hold the Mark button for a couple of seconds.

If you want to save a waypoint at the same time, go to the Accessory menu and turn on Snapshot.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

It depends on what you have your 2D frequency set at. If you are using the 455 2D you will want to use the higher frequency for DI.
    You will have more coverage and range with the lower frequency and better resolution with the higher frequency. Your chirp ranges will be 420-520 and 790-850......turning on chirp would probably give you better imaging also.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    455 kHz will have the most left to right coverage.

Screen shots are done with a microSD card in the unit and push/hold the Mark button for a couple of seconds.

If you want to save a waypoint at the same time, go to the Accessory menu and turn on Snapshot.
    I only have one micro as card slot and I'm using Lakemaster. So I guess I can't do screen shots

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    It depends on what you have your 2D frequency set at. If you are using the 455 2D you will want to use the higher frequency for DI.
    You will have more coverage and range with the lower frequency and better resolution with the higher frequency. Your chirp ranges will be 420-520 and 790-850......turning on chirp would probably give you better imaging also.
    I'll have to look and see what 2D is set at. I'm not familiar with that setting. I'll have to look when I get a day off. I definitely want better images.

I only have one micro as card slot and I'm using Lakemaster. So I guess I can't do screen shots
    Have you tried to take a screen snapshot with the Lakemaster card in the unit?

The G2 got software to write snapshots to Navionics map cards.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member

No haven't. I'm working nightshift right now. I will definitely try the next time I take my boat out.

8. Member

Screen shots do work with micro Lakemaster card

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    So for me to learn and spot fish on the screen, would you run 2D at 455 and DI at 800 or vice versa? Can I CHIRP with my 2d sonar and DI at the same time and get quality images?
    Last edited by buckjunkie; 05-22-2017 at 04:42 PM.

So for mw to learn and spot fish on the screen, would you run 2D at 455 and DI at 800 or vice versa? Can I CHIRP with my 2d sonar and DI at the same time and get quality images?
    You just have to make sure the frequencies don't overlap ..... the chirp range can be adjusted.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N