Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

We're a month out, so.....

It's getting time to finalize things. I just reserved my room for 2 nights, and will be down the afternoon of the 9th.

A cookout was mentioned, and if so, we need to decide what to have. Burgers, dogs, etc. would be fine, or we can do chicken or the like, too. Once we have a consensus, we can decide who will bring what. It really doesn't matter what we do, because I will eat just about anything.

Also, which lake?

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I'll make my reservations shortly. Chris is having hip surgery, (not a replacement) on both hips this week. Dr. says she should be good to go by the first of June. So that could be the only issue we might have, if she isn't mobile enough to come along. As far as eating, I'm up for a cookout or just eating at that diner, whatever the group wants to do. I think a cook out would be more fun, if we can find a place and if weather permits. Both lakes are very high right now, as much as 20 feet over summer pool, but hopefully they will be letting some water out of them before June.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I just made reservations for the 9th. We will stay one night and go home Saturday after the fishing and festivities, etc.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

I meant to check the pavilion at dora and at pearsons mill at mississenwa to see which had better area to cook out. Right now both are under water, so when it comes down I'll take a look.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Just waiting for you know who to tell me if he has the day off......still waiting......still waiting........still waiting.......
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

Quote Originally Posted by lakes View Post
    Just waiting for you know who to tell me if he has the day off......still waiting......still waiting........still waiting.......
    lol

Tell Brian to get off the horse and go fishing
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

So far nobody has put in for the day off but me. If you want to get the room reserved go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Craft View Post
    So far nobody has put in for the day off but me. If you want to get the room reserved go for it.
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

Sounds like Saturday food is a go?
    We will be down for Friday and Saturday, possibly fishing some Sunday.

I will volunteer cooking implements, charcoal lighter fluid and of course the cooking and clean-up job. That is if someone keeps my mug full of course!
    Other pots and pans will be provided if I know what is to be served......
    Lets rule hot dogs out, brats are acceptable alternative of course but I am open to other choices......
    If we do chicken, and I do like that choice, I recommend it to be slightly pre-boiled and I will bring BBQ sauce and marinate over night if need be. It would be easier and quicker to cook it that way.
    Last edited by lakes; 05-13-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

10. Banned
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts can be done in 30 minutes or so from raw. I use Italian dressing and marinate and grill, but BBQ is good, too. I'm not averse to the parboil, but 30 minutes is enough time to quench my thirst, too.

Burgers can work, too, or we can potluck....I have pulled pork I can bring, but reheat might be a problem.
    Last edited by Tom G.; 05-14-2017 at 08:47 PM.

We are booked the 9th through the 11th. Scratch the cooking and lets hit the restaurant!
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

12. Banned
    We are booked the 9th through the 11th. Scratch the cooking and lets hit the restaurant!
    You, sir, are a man of great wisdom!!!!

13. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    That sounds like a plan to me. I hope the lakes are closer to normal pool in June. Right now they are very, very high. Doubt if several ramps are even useable.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

Joe we need an update....where do we go?
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

15. idbefishing
    What's the chances of the lakes back down to summer pool in 2 weeks? They aren't letting any water out right now and with them forecasting more rain later this week. Are the lakes fishable being 20ft high?

16. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    What's the chances of the lakes back down to summer pool in 2 weeks? They aren't letting any water out right now and with them forecasting more rain later this week. Are the lakes fishable being 20ft high?
    I would say they aren't fishable. Some ramps won't be useable at that lake height. I imagine Red Bridge on Missy would be useable, not sure about Salamonie, kind of doubt that lake will be accessible.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

I got to ask, are we dead due to high water? Guys come north and we are fine, just offering....
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

18. idbefishing
    I got to ask, are we dead due to high water? Guys come north and we are fine, just offering....
    How's the St. Joe? I'm considering giving the South Bend pool a try this weekend or next

19. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I'd say we are probably dead due to high water. I talked to Sherm a couple days ago. He said that Red Bridge ramp on Missy is useable. You have to back all the way down, as the turn around area is way under water. He said the lake is pretty muddy, with not a whole lot of debris on it. If they do start lowering it some, I'd guess a lot of debris would be drawn back out onto the lake though. He didn't know about Salamonie, but figured it was probably the same. Going on up north might be a plan, or we could postpone and go later in the year when the water might be back down.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

We have got one tournament in this year, most ramps are closed at both lakes. Can get on, but with continued rain they are muddy. I'd say we look at something else or push the date back. They will be dumping water soon, as roush lake is almost back to normal pool.

Could fish it actually, just over in Huntington, and is about 1000 acres.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast