Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. idbefishing
    The St. Joe pool in Mishawaka is more like a lake, has smallmouth, largemouth, pike and safe for the most part to navigate. It would be a good option if the river isn't high and muddy. Other options would be Raccoon, it's only 11ft high right now.

Wawasee? Webster? I've never been on any of the lakes around the Pokagon state park area.
    Last edited by idbefishing; 05-25-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Pokagon is James lake chain is great to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    The St. Joe pool in Mishawaka is more like a lake, has smallmouth, largemouth, pike and safe for the most part to navigate. It would be a good option if the river isn't high and muddy. Other options would be Raccoon, it's only 11ft high right now.

Wawasee? Webster? I've never been on any of the lakes around the Pokagon state park area.

even our rivers are at capacity right now.....natural lakes are all ok
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

Quote Originally Posted by lakes View Post
    even our rivers are at capacity right now.....natural lakes are all ok
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/lawenfor/8520.htm

Not anymore
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

5. Banned
    OK... It isn't good at all. 2 questions, then....

Postpone?

And to when?

I have 5 day stretches in my work schedule, which include weekends. They are..

July 14-18
    August 18-22
    September 22-26
    October 27-31

Any of the weekends in there would be fine. Personally,I think it might be the best just to postpone due to water levels up everywhere.

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Any of the dates you mentioned Tom, would be fine with me as far as I know now. I agree, I think we should postpone the outing.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

October is bad, but the rest works for me.

8. Banned
    Is there going to be a fall get together down south? I haven't seen anything about a date yet so scheduling conflicts is a concern. At this time, I am leaning toward September 23-24 because the weather will start to cool down a bit by then.

I will contact Tom and see what he thinks, and the 2 Brians need to choose. Anyone else interested is welcome to chime in here, too.

I just don't see any other option right now that will work for our dates in June.

St. Joe river is now blown out, highest I have seen it in quite a few years.
    I have a week long fishing trip to Texas for early September so could not swing another during that month. Meeting a BBC member on a trade, we will hit Canada next June for my end.
    Any of the other dates would be OK for me........What about heading up into Michigan?
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

10. idbefishing
    Morse reservoir could be an alternative. It might be muddy but it won't be high because of a low spillway and would be fishable. Has plenty of parking and a great restaurant right at the ramp. The Hampton Inn is about 15 minutes away with gas stations and eats right around it. The ramp fee is high but that's the only downside to this lake. I can join you guys if Morse is the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Is there going to be a fall get together down south? I haven't seen anything about a date yet so scheduling conflicts is a concern. At this time, I am leaning toward September 23-24 because the weather will start to cool down a bit by then.

I will contact Tom and see what he thinks, and the 2 Brians need to choose. Anyone else interested is welcome to chime in here, too.

I just don't see any other option right now that will work for our dates in June.
    I'm sure I'll go to patoka this fall, probably invite whoever would like to join me in a day of fishing. I'm not going to try and organize anything this year.

12. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I'm sure I'll go to patoka this fall, probably invite whoever would like to join me in a day of fishing. I'm not going to try and organize anything this year.
    We will be going to Patoka this fall for certain. Usually go in October and September. May go this summer a time or two as well.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

13. Banned
    I'm not sure how far Tom can go these days, so I was trying to keep him as close as possible. It was about an hour and a half for him at the most, which is good. I'm concerned with Michigan or even Morse being too far to go. We're down to July or August, so..... will the water be down enough be July, or is August a safer choice?

I'm not sure how far Tom can go these days, so I was trying to keep him as close as possible. It was about an hour and a half for him at the most, which is good. I'm concerned with Michigan or even Morse being too far to go. We're down to July or August, so..... will the water be down enough be July, or is August a safer choice?
    It will be down by July unless the rains keep coming. Not supposed to rain most of this week, so I'd guess they will get huntington down this week and then start running out water from the other two. Doesn't take that long for them to draw it down if huntington isn't high.

Thanks my friend for your good heart nature and concern. I most certainly do not want to be a burden nor hamper the get-together by any means. I'm working on getting additional equipment to help me get through the day. Tammy and I might not bring the boat, not sure yet. We {will} make the drive to anyplace and date you folks decide on. Miss you all and we're ready for a visit with good friends.

16. Banned
    Tom, you are not a burden in any way, shape, or form. We really want you there, so we will do what it takes.

Let's shoot for the weekend of July 15th. That way we still have one last shot in August if things don't improve.

I will be down on Friday the 14th and stay until Sunday am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12