Holes in nitro.... possibly leakage.

bought a new to me nitro 901....test drive ran great no water leaks but the guy still had his electronics on it. We worked out a deal and he removed the transom transducers plural yes. I dont why. But I took it out and the auto bilge started kicking on every 30 mins...could the holes be letting water in now? I checked during the test drive and everything was water tight. If this is the problem, best way to fix them?

2. Member
    Put the boat in the water....and look in the bilge area for water intrusion. Seal all transom holes with 3M 4200 or 5200.
    1999 Stratos 273 / '98 Johnson 150hp

3. Member
    Will do, thank you, but as of right now the trailer is out of commision, I'm repairing the surge breaks a mother nature through a curve ball and went from 70s to 30s and halted my work.

If you seal the holes with silicon, don't worry about them. If you didn't use the live well system on the test ride start there broken pump or hose/ fitting. Also my newer nitro plug needs to be turned about 1/8th further than I thought when I boaught it.

If if the holes weren't sealed don't seal them till it's very dry. Maybe a heat lamp or out in a hot direct sunlight. Also open the bilge up as much as possible to let it all dry out inside.

5. Member
    I had a slow leak in mine and after fixing some cracks in the glass around the bilge plug and a couple cracks underneath, it still leaked...turned out that the plug insert was worn. Replaced the insert and plug and fixed the problem.

6. Member
    Awe man those are the answers I like to hear. Thank you guys!! Gonna rip out all the batteries to get to the bilge area, I really hope it's not the live well lines cause they're a pain lol.But at the same time I'd rather that then anything else. I guess I'll put a blow dryer to the holes and try that first, since I'm waiting on parts for the trailer.

I swapped out a battery charger on my 896 and the OLD hole were drill thru... easily fixed with 3M 5200. It's soupy, but seals amazing!!!
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

8. Member
    Soooo, the live well valve was cracked. Epoxied it back together to be able to fish till my new one comes in haha