Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Between the seats question........

I don't have a 3rd seat between my driver/passenger seat - so I just purchased one of the consoles from bassboatseats.com. My question is this - where is the gas tank located on my boat? I have a 2004 Triton TR-196. Can I screw down through that area where the middle seat goes and be fine? or am I going to hit something underneath???

Thanks!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

2. Member
    My TR20X tank is right below the seats.

Your tank is directly under seats and behind the seats like a long L shape. The seats set on a metal panel that is held with screws on each side and also the back lip. Remove the seat tray and can bolt the middle seat from underneath.

4. Member
    Not following skidmark.......you mean remove the panel that's on the backrest area where the middle seat is......or the panel on the kick plate below the seat?? Either should provide access up under that seat deck though - right?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

5. Member
    check here, tank will be similar http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=478158

6. Member
    Thank you! Very helpful! Now I know long screws won't be used.........lol.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

7. Member
    Im interested as you do this as i was thinking about doing the same thing. Was just kinda thinkin it out. If you could provide some guidance and pics when you are done it'd be awesome.

8. Member
    Sure - use me as the guinea pig.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

9. Member
    I guess we'll find out soon enough - just checked the tracking info and it was delivered at 8:29am!!!!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

10. Member
    If possible take the whole seat cap off like I did and work on it, that way no mistakes are made.

11. Member
    Oh boy - that looks like a whole lotta work. But that may be the best way to ensure no "OOPS" are made.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

12. Member
    Did you order the small or the large box? Im looking at em and i have a tr21. Looks like i got 17" between the seats so im thinkin a little smooshing should just make a tight fit with the large box that on basscat site says is 17.5". May not need to screw at all. Maybe some velcro on the bottom just to hold it down.

13. Member
    Oops my mistake. I see you got it at bassboatseats instead of bass cat store. Still might ring true tho with the dimensions.

14. Member
    I've got a skootch more than 15" in the front and almost 18" at the rear........so this box should fit just fine. I don't know if I really want to trust Velcro to hold it down. But then again, that's not a bad idea - so I can remove it and put the seat back down if I ever need to. good thinking!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

15. Member
    If you get a nice big piece of velcro it should hold it. Im just thinking out loud. But that may be the ticket. I like the option to put it in and out based on situation. But i also have younger kids so i use that middle seat a few times a year. Lol

Aw Hell MC just use this >> and forget about screws >>>

17. Member
    No dude - I get it. I've got 12 and 10yr olds........so I'm sure I'll be wishing I could use the seats there again if I did permanent mount it. I'll have to check it out when I get home and see if that's even possible......I'll let you guys know what I decide and how I do it.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    Aw Hell MC just use this >> and forget about screws >>>

wouldn't be the first time.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Use 10-20 6" tapcons, seats won't move. Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    Your tank is directly under seats and behind the seats like a long L shape. The seats set on a metal panel that is held with screws on each side and also the back lip. Remove the seat tray and can bolt the middle seat from underneath.
    If you have ever taken the seats out and the metal seat panel out....you will see full view the gas tank. While you have it out....if your drains keep getting clogged.....get some screen door screen.....cut 2 pieces, one for each side of seat pan in about 6 inch squares. Then glue and duct tape the top half of the piece behind the seat pan( should be carpet there folded under the edge of the pan metal) on each side where the small indentions are for the floor drains. Then fold back the 2 bottom corners to form a semi circle that will fill up the drain part in the floor by the seats. This screen door screen blocks every piece of old plastics, leaves, etc and drains will not clog anymore. That is what I did 2 yrs ago when I recarpeted my Triton.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast