Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Have you stepped on the box yet to see if it will take the load of a fat partner getting onto the back deck? What locks the lid down to the bottom? I can see everything lite blowing out the back now.

2. Member
    The description says it will hold "any angler". But sure looks like 70+ mph would blow the lid up. Hope not, was just looking at these. Link https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...torage-console
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

3. Member
    Yes - I've stepped and bounced on it, very sturdy. Also the lid is held closed by 2 'balls' on either side that you really have to push to close. Same with opening it - takes some pressure to lift it up. I have no worries that this will stay closed running full out down the lake. Matter of fact, when I just had the whole thing held down with velcro - it took so much pressure to lift that lid that the whole console was lifting up off the velcro. That's the main reason I ended up fastening it down with the screws it came with. Hope this helps!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

It won't blow open running WOT at 42 mph, you should be fine. Can anyone suggest a tank repair. That will be the next thread.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    Yes - I've stepped and bounced on it, very sturdy. Also the lid is held closed by 2 'balls' on either side that you really have to push to close. Same with opening it - takes some pressure to lift it up. I have no worries that this will stay closed running full out down the lake. Matter of fact, when I just had the whole thing held down with velcro - it took so much pressure to lift that lid that the whole console was lifting up off the velcro. That's the main reason I ended up fastening it down with the screws it came with. Hope this helps!
    Good info, thanks!
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer410 View Post
    It won't blow open running WOT at 42 mph, you should be fine. Can anyone suggest a tank repair. That will be the next thread.
    "Gas smell has gotten noticeably worse in rod lockers since install"

7. Member
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123