Sunday School Class men's fishing/camping trip 4/27, 28, and NOT 29 2017

The men in my Sunday School class try to do two camp outs a year together. Our spring trip to Campbell Point has been planned for 6 months. In spite of the horrible weather forecast we decided to go ahead with it and get in as many hours as we could. Thursday 4/27 was an absolutely beautiful day. Warm temperatures, beautiful blue skies and water level coming up. We set up camp first then went fishing. We caught several fish and had a ball. Then we all ran up to the Pizza Hut and ordered 10 pizzas......Friday morning we woke to high winds and rain. The campground attendant warned us about the nasty weather moving in. The marina owner told us he had talked to the Corp and they had just opened the gates at Beaver Lake and to expect rapidly rising water levels. We had planned a big fish fry on Friday night and planned to fish again all day Saturday.....but it wasn't looking good. I hated to cut the trip short but I really didn't want anybody to get hurt. So....about 9:30am I started calling all the guys that planned to come down that night and let them know we were cancelling all planned activities Friday night and Saturday due to the weather. Some of us stayed and fished a few more hours others packed up and headed back to Springfield. We still managed to have a ball.......Can't wait now for our fall trip up to Stockton in November...

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 05-08-2017 at 10:09 AM.

2. Member

-Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

4. Member
    Always good to see this

Thanks guys.....what a fun hobby we pursue. I have some day off coming this next week. Hope to have another report for you soon.

6. Member
    Is always great when you can plan a trip and it works out. Sorry you had to cut it short but hopefully it will work out better next time. I did enjoy the pics though