5/7 Winter Haven Chain Report

Had a great day yesterday out on the Winter Haven chain. Got the boat out before sunrise and had two in the boat in the first 20 minutes, and ended up with catching 4 before 9am and missing two more. Largest was just over 3lbs and rest averaging 2lbs. All fish caught on noise makers (spinner baits or chatter baits) in both dark and bright colors.

Unfortunately this will probably be my last time out there as the lake level is getting so low due to the lack of rain, that while navigating between lakes, the motor is starting to bump bottom and the boat ramp is nearly too short for the water levers.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

Cmf56doc, did you put in at Lake Shipp or some other boat ramp. Was thinking about going to the WH chain this weekend. How low is the water?
    97 Viper Coral 202
    Johnson Venom 225

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Bay View Post
    Cmf56doc, did you put in at Lake Shipp or some other boat ramp. Was thinking about going to the WH chain this weekend. How low is the water?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but yeah I put in at Lake Shipp. Water was stained but we had just a little rain the day before I went out.
    Last edited by cfm56doc; 05-15-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

Thanks man. We really want to get back to the chain soon. Hope we get some rain soon to bring the lakes up. I may try to get on Crooked Lake this weekend.
    97 Viper Coral 202
    Johnson Venom 225