Seat height in Sportsman 17?

I'm 5' 9" and spent most of the day yesterday breaking in the engine on my new Sportsman 17. One thing I noticed though is that the seat is so low the steering wheel blocked the dash mounted fish finder (even with tilt wheel all the way down) and the front seat and trolling motor blocked a lot of the view forward. Seems like the seat should be about 6" higher up in the boat. Is this just me getting used to being back in a bass type boat, or are other owners noticing this? I don't recall any problem like this a few years back when I had a Ranger 185. On the plus side, if you are 7' tall, you will still have leg room under the console.
    Boatless again but looking forward to Spring

2. Member
    I'm 5'11" and do not have that problem. I run the tilt wheel all the way down and I do not use a front seat.

3. Member
    OK, maybe just something I need to get used to

4. Member
    Make sure you break it in exactly like the book says to do. They can hook that motor up to a computer and see exactly how its been run.

5. Member
    OK, getting used to it. View is much better on plane over 4000 rpm.

Anyone using a filler of any type under the console to brace their feet on? I thought about a cooler, but not sure what type would fit. Something that would get foot room about even with the inside of the storage step